Largest Industries: 2010
The following are the largest industries in the United States as of 2009:
Return to the Top 10 Industries of 2010
Want to know the largest industries in the U.S., or the fastest growing, or the best industries for startups?
Learn about the Top Industries of 2010
. As featured in Inc. Magazine.
Reporters & Media
This information may be republished in whole or in part only with written permission and only if attributed with link to
interviews or for any additional information.
- Largest Hungarian Theater Chain First to Screen Previews in 3D – Without Glasses:
iPont International Features First-Ever Auto-Stereoscopic, Multiview Movie Trailers in Palace Cinemas
- New China Industries Research Reports by ResearchInChina Added by MarketPublishers.com:
Market Publishers Ltd informs that new in-demand market research reports by ResearchInChina have been added to its catalogue.
- SunEdison Interconnects Europe’s Largest Single Operating PV Solar Power Plant:
Construction and Interconnection Completed in Nine Month PeriodBELTSVILLE, Md., -- SunEdison, a lead...
- CBS Announces Two Additional Companies to Send Their Bosses to the Frontlines:
The CEOs of Mack Trucks, Inc. and Norwegian Cruise Line are the latest "Undercover Boss" participants.
- Foreign Farm Ownership Worries Australians:
The government will study the level of overseas investment in Australia's agriculture industry as Chinese and other foreign investors have been increasing their activity
- Falken Industries Ltd European Trade Number One Award ...:
Clean Plus(R) products, Falken's best known branded product conceptions won the number one quality / price / performance award in 2010 over seven other leading international brands triggering entry point listing agreements to two of France's largest retail chains.
- Veteran Foodservice Sales and Marketing Executive Robert Leblanc Named Vice President of Foodservice Sales at Duro Bag ...:
Bob Leblanc, a 28-year veteran of the foodservice industries, is named Vice President of Foodservice Sales for Duro Bag Manufacturing Co., the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of quality paper bags for foodservice, grocery, retail, mass-merchandise and wholesale/distribution businesses in North America.
- Australia Studies Foreign Farm Ownership Amid Community Concern About Food:
Australia, the world’s biggest wool shipper and second-largest dairy and beef exporter, will study the level of overseas investment in its farms amid concern over foreign ownership and food security.
- South Jersey Industries hikes dividend:
South Jersey Industries Inc. today announced a quarterly dividend increase of 3.5 cents, or 10.6 percent, to 36.5 cents a share. The new dividend is payable Dec. 29 to shareholders on Dec. 10.
- Press Release / News:
Top executives’ compensation fell in some industries and rose in others, and the median CEO of the largest companies took home almost 12 times the amount awarded to the median CEO of the smallest companies, The Conference Board reported today.
- Global Specialty Enzymes Market to Reach US$4.3 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts ...:
GIA announces the release of a comprehensive global report on Specialty Enzymes markets.
- India Seeks Ban on Iron-Ore Shipments, Minister Says:
India, the world’s third-largest iron-ore exporter, should ban shipments overseas to ensure that local steelmakers have adequate supplies of the raw material, according to Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh.
- Hyundai Heavy, ICBC, Posco, Shinhan, TSMC: Asia Ex-Japan Equity Preview:
The following companies may have unusual price changes in Asian trading , excluding Japan. Stock symbols are in parentheses, and share prices are from the previous close, unless noted otherwise.
- Nanotech Industries International's Technology Places 2nd In Prestigious CPI Polyurethane Innovation Award Competition:
San Francisco, CA (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) EPOD Solar Inc. (OTCBB:EPDSE), announced today that Green Polyurethane(TM), licensed to its wholly owned subsidiary, Nanotech Industries International Inc.(d/b/a Hybrid Coating Technologies "HCT"), received second place behind BASF at this year's Polyurethane Innovation Award competition
- Lauderdale boat show to feature largest yacht built in U.S. since the 1930s:
281-foot Cakewalk was built at Derecktor Shipyards in Connecticut It's called Cakewalk, and at 281 feet and nearly 3,000 gross tons, it's reportedly the largest yacht to be built in the United States since the 1930s.