|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Aircraft Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Aircraft Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Aircraft Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Aircraft Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
All Other Aeronautical Services On Complete Aircraft
Aircraft Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Aircraft Parts And Auxiliary Equipment Manufacturing
Aircraft Parts And Auxiliary Equipment, Excluding Hydraulic And Pneumatic Subassemblies And Engines
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Aircraft Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Aircraft Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Aircraft Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Aircraft Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Aircraft Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||11%|
|Business Operations Specialists||9%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||9%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers||7%|
|Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Aircraft Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Aerospace Robotics Industry Development, Key Manufacturers, Analysis and Forecast Report 2018-2025 - 2018 ) Aerospace robotics refers to the automated procedures involved in construction of an aircraft or maintenance of the same. The capability, precision and reliability of the robots is increasing the interest among the aerospace manufacturers to include ... (01/10/2018)
- JetBlue Postpones Upgrading the Smaller Aircraft in Its Fleet - JetBlue said it is delaying decisions on its narrow-body, 100-seat aircraft because of the murky plans of manufacturers Airbus, Boeing, and Embraer. But it may also be debating if the revenue benefits are worth the fleet’s costlier operation than other ... (01/10/2018)
- Garuda Negotiating Deferment Of Aircraft Deliveries - TAIPEI, Taiwan—Garuda Indonesia is in negotiations with manufacturers to defer almost all of its aircraft deliveries in order to improve its financial position. The airline’s major existing order is for 50 Boeing 737 MAX-family aircraft, and it wants t ... (01/10/2018)
- Aegis Software Cited as a Notable Vendor in Two Gartner Reports on Manufacturing Execution Systems - The end products of A&D resemble automotive, aircraft, watercraft, weaponry and others, and can involve process and discrete manufacturing styles in the production of these end products. What these manufacturers all have in common, regardless of ... (01/10/2018)
- TSB identifies unstable approach as key factor in 2016 fatal accident of Mitsubishi MU-2 aircraft in Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec - Regulators, operators and aircraft manufacturers have defined stable-approach criteria, which pilots are trained to follow. Stable approaches make landings more consistent and predictable—giving pilots time to monitor key elements such as airspeed ... (01/10/2018)
- Aircraft G-meters market global industry analysis 2018-2023 available in new report - The next section of the report analyzes the development plans and policies, manufacturing process, and product cost structure of the Aircraft G-meters market. The report specifically focuses on the leading regions and manufacturers engaged in the ... (01/10/2018)
- One of the largest aircraft in existence just got bigger - The super transporter is one of the largest aircraft in existence and is used to airlift completed sections of planes from different manufacturing sites in Europe to Airbus's final assembly lines in France, Germany and Spain. The BelugaXL is six metres ... (01/10/2018)
- Wanfeng Aviation Industry acquires Diamond Aircraft Group - Diamond Austria will also remain a Global Engineering Service Platform supporting worldwide aircraft manufacturing centers by licensing advanced technologies which only help progress the global general aviation market. Chen will be chairman of Diamond ... (01/09/2018)
- Rising Demand for Enhanced Cabin Atmosphere to Drive the Growth of Aircraft Cabin Lighting Market in Future - On the whole, the report depicts detailed overview of the global aircraft cabin lighting market that will help industry consultants, equipment manufacturers, existing players searching for expansion opportunities, new players searching possibilities and ... (01/08/2018)
- GE Stock Is a Better Bet on Aircraft Demand Than Boeing - During 2017, shares of aircraft manufacturing giant Boeing (NYSE:BA) surged 90%, lifted by rising free cash flow and a resurgence in aircraft orders following a downturn in 2016. This made it easily the biggest gainer in the Dow. At the other end of the ... (01/07/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $44,935,833,992 on Aircraft Manufacturing. It has awarded 10,082 contracts to 364 companies, with an average value of $123,450,093 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Autogiros manufacturing, Aircraft manufacturing, Aircraft rebuilding (i.e., restoration to original design specifications), Aircraft conversions (i.e., major modifications to system), Developing and producing prototypes for aircraft, Hang gliders manufacturing, Gliders (i.e., aircraft) manufacturing, Blimps (i.e., Ultra light aircraft manufacturing, Aircraft overhauling, Target drones, aircraft, manufacturing, Helicopters manufacturing, etc.