|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Animal Slaughtering & Processing
Overview: the U.S. Animal Slaughtering & Processing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Animal Slaughtering & Processing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Animal Slaughtering & Processing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Animal Slaughtering & Processing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Animal Slaughtering & Processing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||47%|
|Butchers and Other Meat, Poultry, and Fish Processing Workers||40%|
|Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers||21%|
|Slaughterers and Meat Packers||17%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||16%|
|Material Moving Workers||14%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
Animal Slaughtering & Processing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|National Beef Packing||73|
|West Liberty Foods||19|
|Jbs Usa Food|
|Cargill Meat Solutions|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Rapper Post Malone joins Zak Bagans on Ghost Adventures as they lockdown at the Slaughter House - Zak explains that the building was previously used to kill and process millions of animals and says that blood was flowing ... The big question is what could still be lingering at the Slaughter House? To answer this question Zak and Post Malone decide ... (01/13/2018)
- Pig Slaughter and Butchering a Pig on the Farm - we saved more than half of what it would cost to have the animals processed off the farm. There are other reasons to slaughter on-site. For others we know, not having access to a reputable butcher facility makes on-farm pig processing a necessity. (01/13/2018)
- Plans for cooperative to process, market local livestock in the works - ... that Bedell and other local livestock growers have — a shortage of USDA-inspected facilities to process their animals ready for slaughter. Bedell, who has raised grass-fed beef for 12 years, raises her livestock in Fruita, Olathe, De Beque and Loma. (01/07/2018)
- Mobile abattoirs kinder for animals, say farmers - Farmers have called for new rules to let them kill sheep and cows on their farms to spare animals the ordeal of travelling hundreds of miles to slaughter. The number of abattoirs that process red meat has fallen from almost 1,900 in 1971 to 251 last year ... (01/05/2018)
- Donkey slaughter is a high price for healing in China - Njeru, 44, a market porter who depends on his animals to ferry goods around ... Goldox Donkey Slaughterhouse in Baringo County — the largest of Kenya’s abattoirs, claiming to process some 450 donkeys a day — also attempts to spread good will by ... (01/05/2018)
- China: Bizarre Health Remedy Requiring Donkey Skin Is Leading to Millions of Grotesque Animal Deaths - Slaughterhouse owners say that they are providing income to people who want to sell their unwanted animals, but veterinarians insist that the collection and processing of these animals represent an animal welfare nightmare, according to the report. (01/03/2018)
- Report Highlights Fears Among Workers In The Meat Processing Industry - The report reviewed the government’s efforts – specifically the Department of Labor’s Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) – to protect the health and safety of workers in the nation’s animal slaughtering and processing industry ... (01/02/2018)
- At Slaughter - It is a process that takes place far from public view, and one that few know very much about. In the past, revelations about cruelty to animals during the slaughtering process resulted in actions by Congress to improve enforcement of the federal law ... (12/31/2017)
- Town of Londonderry claims resident's animal slaughtering has become a 'public nuisance' - The petition outlines the town’s dealings with Otero-Rivera over the years, including a notice of violation issued in 2011 related to the slaughtering and meat processing of animals on his property. Other complaints have involved the animals running ... (12/21/2017)
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools - Djarot said on Monday that he would allow residents to slaughter the animals around the school areas under the condition that good waste processing was implemented. “Why not? If they have good waste processing, they can slaughter the animals at schools ... (08/21/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $746,167,701 on Animal Slaughtering & Processing. It has awarded 1,587 contracts to 213 companies, with an average value of $3,503,135 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|