Appliance Repair & Maintenance Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Appliance Repair & Maintenance
Overview: the U.S. Appliance Repair & Maintenance Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Appliance Repair & Maintenance:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Appliance Repair & Maintenance industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Maintenance And Repair - Appliances And Powered Household Equipment
Maintenance And Repair - Major Household-Type Appliances
Maintenance And Repair - Other Appliances And Household Equipment (Include Household-Type Power Hand Tools.)
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Parts And Supplies Not Included In Repair Work
Resale Of Other Merchandise
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Appliance Repair & Maintenance company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Appliance Repair & Maintenance industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Appliance Repair & Maintenance measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||6%|
|Office Clerks, General||6%|
|Office Clerks, General||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||39%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||11%|
|Small Engine Mechanics||10%|
|Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||25%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||15%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||15%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||8%|
Appliance Repair & Maintenance Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Howdens and DSP Group Showcase IoT/ ULE Enabled Appliances at CES 2018 - “Appliances such as connected ovens and stoves can improve consumer experiences, giving a new approach to everything from energy management to installment, repair and maintenance. ULE enables us to give our customer reliable technology that works in any ... (01/10/2018)
- Merfantz Launches FieldAx - Field Service Management Software for Elevating Industry Standards - property services and appliance repair industries. Merfantz Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is an emerging multi-technological service provider for various cloud platforms like Salesforce and applications with the partnership of various leading cloud platform ... (01/08/2018)
- Domestic appliance firm 0800 Repair, based in Houghton-le-Spring, looks to create 30 jobs - A DOMESTIC appliance repair company is planning a recruitment drive to keep ... with bosses also hoping to lift annual service calls from 200,000 to around 230,000. The company is part of Houghton-le-Spring’s Pacifica Appliance Services, which is a ... (01/03/2018)
- New jobs on the way at 0800 Repair amid ambitious expansion plans for year ahead - The Houghton-le-Spring company, which specialises in the repair and maintenance of domestic goods ... from the firm’s current 200,000 annual average, across kitchen appliances and entertainment equipment. The firm works with a number of large ... (01/02/2018)
- Repair firm expects further job creation after strong year - It is also expecting to increase the number of completed service calls to 230,000 from the firm’s current 200,000 annual average across kitchen appliances and entertainment equipment. 0800 Repair works with a number of the largest manufacturers and ... (01/02/2018)
- A Bargain Appliance Repair Inc. - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added. (01/01/2018)
- A life of bloomers and cookies: Ralph Tack of Bud and Ralph's in Grand Forks reflects on 60 years in appliance repair business - The longtime technician and founding partner in Bud and Ralph's Appliance Service in Grand Forks says his Louella ... Besides, he explained: "That's one less thing I have to repair, and it's a good time to shoot the breeze." Twice retired and this time ... (12/30/2017)
- Dorrell's Appliance Service: Your independent repair expert - Often times, we don’t realize how vital ordinary household appliances are until something goes on the blink. That’s where Ed Dorrell of Dorrell’s Appliance Service comes into the picture. Dorrell has been helping to keep modern life running smoothly ... (11/24/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $18,709,079 on Appliance Repair & Maintenance. It has awarded 696 contracts to 159 companies, with an average value of $117,667 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Stove, household-type, repair and maintenance services without retailing new stoves, Appliance, repair and maintenance services without retailing new appliances, Water heater repair and maintenance services without retailing new water heaters, Oven, repair and maintenance services without retailing new ovens, Air-conditioner, window, repair and maintenance services, Sewing machine, repair shops without retailing new sewing machines, Washing machine, repair and maintenance services without retailing new washing machine, Microwave oven, without retailing new microwave ovens, Clothes dryer, repair and maintenance services without retailing new clothes dryers, Refrigerator, repair and maintenance services without retailing new refrigerators, etc.