Auto Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Auto Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Auto Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Auto Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Auto Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Vehicles Sold and Leased
|New vehicle sales||AVAILABLE|
|New vehicle leases||AVAILABLE|
|Used vehicle sales||AVAILABLE|
Units: millions of vehicles
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Auto Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Auto Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Auto Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||56%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||55%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Auto Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- New Toyota-Mazda plant boosts Alabama's influence in the auto industry - Toyota and Mazda will build a new final assembly plant in Huntsville, Alabama. The plant will employ 4,000 workers and crank out 300,000 vehicles annually. It is scheduled to open in 2021. The plant could make Alabama the fourth biggest state in the U.S ... (01/10/2018)
- HERE and FreightVerify partner to optimize the automotive industry supply chain - Las Vegas, CES - HERE Technologies, a global leader in mapping and location services, and FreightVerify, a cloud-based supply chain technology company, today announced a strategic collaboration to radically transform how the automotive industry optimizes ... (01/10/2018)
- Alabama Site For for New Mazda Toyota JV U.S. Auto Manufacturing Plant - Montgomery, Alabama (January 10, 2018) – Alabama Governor Kay Ivey and Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle joined Mazda (MZDAF) and Toyota leaders today to announce the automakers have selected Huntsville, Alabama as the site of their new joint-venture ... (01/10/2018)
- Alabama gains auto industry clout with new Toyota-Mazda plant - With the announcement of Toyota (7203.T-JP) and Mazda (7261.T-JP) planning to build a new final assembly plant in Huntsville, the state of Alabama is flexing its muscle and influence in the U.S. auto industry. The plant, which will employ 4,000 workers and ... (01/10/2018)
- Mazda, Toyota select Alabama for new U.S. auto manufacturing plant - Investment to reach $1.6 billion for facility that will employ up to 4,000, open in 2021 MONTGOMERY, Ala., Jan. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey and Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle joined Mazda (TYO:MZDAF) and Toyota (TM) leaders today to ... (01/10/2018)
- Global and China Automotive Fuel Tank Industry Report, 2017-2021 - NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Global automotive fuel tank market size was about 93.50 million sets in 2016, up 3.8% year on year. Under the twin impact of steady growth in the automobile market and a rapid rise in new energy vehicle, the world's ... (01/10/2018)
- Texas Department of Transportation commissioner billed taxpayers for trips while advocating for auto industry - Before billionaire Warren Buffett learned that his new Texas car dealerships had a big problem with the state’s protectionist auto laws, his company had a small problem with them. To fix that small problem, Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Automotive ... (01/10/2018)
- Ford CEO Jim Hackett has the toughest job in the auto industry ahead of him (F) - Ford CEO Jim Hackett is redesigning the company to be a mobility provider to cities. At the same time, Ford's business is still closely tied to traditional vehicle sales. His task is the most daunting since GM's Alfred Sloan created the modern corporation ... (01/09/2018)
- The Auto Industry’s To-Do List for the Electric, Self-Driving Future - The car industry faces its biggest technological transformation since the automobile was invented more than a century ago, with self-driving systems, wholly battery-powered models and ride-sharing initiatives now at the center of attention. The cosmic ... (01/09/2018)
- CES 2018 auto industry preview: AI, self-driving cars will be on display - The auto industry will have a major presence at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, this week, with burgeoning technologies like artificial intelligence, self-driving and electric vehicles on display throughout the annual showcase event. (01/09/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,172,776,900 on Auto Manufacturing. It has awarded 27,367 contracts to 69 companies, with an average value of $16,996,767 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Assembly plants, passenger car, on chassis of own manufacture, Cars, electric, for highway use, assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Automobiles assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Electric automobiles for highway use manufacturing, Hearses assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Chassis, automobile, manufacturing, etc.