|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Driving Schools
Overview of the U.S. Automobile Driving Schools IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Driving Schools: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Automobile Driving Schools industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Occupational, Technical, And Trade; Professional Development; And Management Training Programs And Courses
Training Programs - Other Occupational, Technical And Trade; Professional Development; And Management Training Programs And Cour
Leisure And Recreation Activities Instruction And Training
Driver Education Training
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Driving Schools company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Driving Schools industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Driving Schools measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||54%|
|Other Teachers and Instructors||45%|
|Self-Enrichment Education Teachers||27%|
|Self-Enrichment Education Teachers||27%|
|Miscellaneous Teachers and Instructors||16%|
|Teachers and Instructors, All Other, Except Substitute Teachers||16%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||15%|
|Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers||14%|
|Athletes, Coaches, Umpires, and Related Workers||12%|
|Coaches and Scouts||12%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
Automobile Driving Schools Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Total Control Training|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Chief justice invokes 'Ferris Bueller' Ferrari in Supreme Court car-search case - In "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" starring Matthew Broderick, three teenagers skip school and take a ride in a red 1963 Ferrari ... Terrence Byrd who was stopped by police in 2014 while driving a car his girlfriend had rented. Police said they could search ... (01/10/2018)
- Driving in winter conditions - good morning tyler and arielle, in our news car, we only have a snow brush and shovel... which won't help us later this week. i talked to a local driving instructor who ... we'll also have up?to?date school and work closings both on?air and online. (01/10/2018)
- City looks to help with car losses - Gloucester officials are working with the state's emergency management agency to provide some relief to as many as 70 local auto owners after their vehicles were totaled by the storm surge that overran much of the Gloucester High School parking lot ... (01/10/2018)
- Here's how the latest autonomous driving systems handle real-world scenarios - To see just how much progress autonomous driving systems have made ... direction and holding his left arm out the window of his car to direct traffic in your lane to stop? Or a school bus that pulls over in the opposite lane or a couple lanes over to ... (01/09/2018)
- CES 2018: A Festival of Self-Driving-Car Gadgets and Pampered Drivers - This year Lyft and Aptiv (a self-driving-car technology company spun off from auto-parts maker ... vintage ’65 Olds Cutlass in high school and my college years. Later, I experienced the joys and expense of European engineering through a succession ... (01/09/2018)
- Former BYU running back Ryan Folsom killed in California auto accident - "A car driving in the wrong direction of traffic struck Ryan's car ... "Perhaps only those who have been through medical school themselves really understand the forward thinking that's required. You sacrafice your sleep, your health, your imediate ... (01/09/2018)
- Want guns? Drugs? Self-driving cars may become the perfect delivery vehicle - Dr. Mary Cummings of Duke University’s Pratt School of Engineering “Most people don’t understand ... University “If law enforcement pulls over an empty self-driving car that’s carrying contraband, they can likely track down the user,” Lin ... (01/09/2018)
- 3 tips for driving in the rain — from a stunt driver - “Everybody thinks they’re a great driver,” stunt driver Greg Tracy said. “With the years of teaching racing schools and car clinics and just being on the road, maybe it’s actually 1 in 100 that are okay.” Tracy recommends being extra cautious ... (01/09/2018)
- Foo Fighters drummer still has the same car he drove in high school - "I still have my old truck from high school, too," Hawkins let drop ... before revealing that his "wife has one and it's like driving a fucking spaceship... There's nothing gnarlier than that car... and it really is the future." And all this time we ... (01/09/2018)
- More lessons needed? Driving school car crashes - The person who was behind the wheel of this driving school car may need more lessons. A photo of the car smashed head-on into a power pole on Cardwell St, Onehunga, was sent by a reader this morning. The image shows the front of the car seriously damaged. (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,335,782 on Automobile Driving Schools. It has awarded 263 contracts to 34 companies, with an average value of $656,935 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Automobile driving schools, Driver education, Driver training schools (except bus, heavy equipment, truck), etc.