|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Towing & Road Service
Overview: the U.S. Automobile Towing & Road Service Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Towing & Road Service:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Automobile Towing & Road Service industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Maintenance And Repair And Related Services For Transportation Equipment
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Towing & Road Service company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Towing & Road Service industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Towing & Road Service measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||8%|
|Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||65%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||50%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||45%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||40%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Automobile Towing & Road Service Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Tantalum and Agero Partner to Deliver On-Demand Roadside Assistance Services - LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- CES 2018 - Tantalum Corporation, the leading innovator and end-to-end services provider ... enable mobile carriers and auto manufacturers to respond quickly to everyday roadside events to perform towing, lockouts, jumpstarts ... (01/08/2018)
- Roadside Assistance Lafayette, Louisiana’s Best Towing and Recovery Services - Guy’s Towing Service offers prompt and professional towing, roadside, and transport services in Louisiana ... Service you can use one of our versatile trucks for much more than car breakdowns. While many towing companies claim to have good service ... (01/08/2018)
- Markham Towing Company Launches New Car Storage Service - “Our friendly staff provides roadside and towing service 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our tow truck drivers are fully certified in the tow truck industry and meet or exceed legal requirements as well as being fully insured. If your car has ... (01/04/2018)
- Calls for auto service increase during frigid temperatures - A stint of frigid temperatures in Saskatoon kept towing companies busy Wednesday. Locally-owned Auto Rescue Towing said it experienced ... the safety of tow truck drivers in mind when out on the road. Environment Canada’s Extreme Cold Warning remained ... (12/27/2017)
- Wallace Towing & Automotive wins ACE award - Louis Wallace of Wallace Towing & Automotive in Bethel has received the American ... Nation Safe Drivers, Quest Towing Services, Pinnacle Motor Club, Road America and USAC/MD. The nomination guidelines for the ACE Award include: the highest percentage ... (12/18/2017)
- Brad's Roadside Service - Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up! As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post ... (12/04/2017)
- Automobile Club Honors 6 Local Towing Contractors - The recipients represent the top 10% of all stations in a network of more than 300 contractors that provide 24-hour towing and roadside assistance for Auto Club members throughout Southern California. Service Pro honorees are rated according to call ... (04/25/2000)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,576,743 on Automobile Towing & Road Service. It has awarded 138 contracts to 34 companies, with an average value of $222,845 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tow truck services, Emergency road services (i.e., tow service), Wrecker services (i.e., towing services), motor vehicle, Towing services, Motor vehicle towing services, etc.