Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores
Overview of the U.S. Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Groceries & Other Food Items For Human Consumption Off The Premises
Bakery Products Not Baked On The Premises, Excluding Frozen
Delicatessen Items, Including Deli Meats & Other Service Deli Items
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||20%|
|Cooks and Food Preparation Workers||7%|
|Food Preparation Workers||6%|
|Food Preparation Workers||6%|
|Food and Beverage Serving Workers||11%|
|Fast Food and Counter Workers||10%|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||45%|
|Retail Sales Workers||39%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||12%|
|Butchers and Other Meat, Poultry, and Fish Processing Workers||8%|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Bakeries & Baked Goods Stores Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Aldi is introducing in-store bakeries - with homemade croissants, donuts and pretzels - It’s well-known and much loved for its wide range and low prices, but could freshly baked bread be added to the list of ... The site says: “The new look features an in-store bakery offering an assortment of bread, rolls, croissants, donuts, and even ... (01/14/2018)
- Organic Frozen Bakery Market 2017 Industry Survey Report, Challenges, Forecast 2023, Trend, Growth - Amongst the various distribution channels, the store based found to hold ... holds major market share sweet baked goods in 2017 and it will grow at the healthy CAGR during the forecast period. Dec 2017 Allied Bakeries is set to launch three loaf range ... (01/12/2018)
- Aldi Is Testing Out In-Store Bakeries—Complete With Housemade Soft Pretzels - Soon, it may also be known for its baked goods. A recently relocated Aldi store in Batavia, Illinois, features a new format that, depending on its success, may soon be implemented in other U.S. stores. The new look features an in-store bakery offering an ... (01/09/2018)
- Baked goods in Poplarville - The only repair she had to do to the location prior to opening the store was some plumbing. Now, Jenni Cakes is providing Poplarville area residents with their baked goods needs, including specialty cakes, wedding cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies ... (01/09/2018)
- Wholesome Bakery Opens for Gluten-Free, Vegan Goodies on Divisadero - Before securing the new, dedicated bakery and retail space, Harper operated a counter inside Mission District retail store Alite, which she’s now ... missing from the experience of gluten-free baked goods, which are frequently pre-packaged or otherwise ... (01/09/2018)
- New Aldi model leads with produce and features in-store bakery - The addition of the bakery adds another dimension for Aldi shoppers. Now, it’s not just those looking to save money or get fresh produce who will come to the store, but also those who are drawn by the promise of newly baked goods. With the bakery ... (01/05/2018)
- Suburban Birmingham bakery expands to offer full meals - A Hoover-based Paleo-friendly bakery has expanded its food product line and will ... and began offering Paleo-friendly meals in addition to the baked goods. The Joyful Food Co. menu includes such prepared meals as jerk chicken, sweet potatoes with shredded ... (01/03/2018)
- “Finest in fresh baked goods:” National Bakery and Deli opens 4th store in the area - National Bakery & Deli, one of Milwaukee's most renown scratch bakeries since 1925, has opened its fourth store in the area. Their newest location is on the west side of Brookfield, near Bluemound and Calhoun. National Bakery & Deli was founded in 1925 in ... (10/11/2017)
- Tipton's bakery brings beloved baked goods back - The store was established in 1935 by Tom Tipton and developed a reputation for having some of best pastries in town - particularly the cream horns, which developed a local following. This year the bakery - Tipton's Traditions - is back for Tri-State fans ... (06/15/2017)
- La Grange bakery sells Hispanic baked goods and more - That Mexican treat and many other baked goods, such as cupcakes ... "He used to clean trays in a bakery in high school and then, after college, he just stuck with it." Different family members run the various locations. "This is our store," said Junior ... (08/12/2016)
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Baked goods stores, retailing only (except immediate consumption), etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.