|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||11%|
|Retail Sales Workers||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||30%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||6%|
Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Bimbo Bakeries Usa||258|
|Specialtys Cafe & Bakery||6|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Tortilla, gasoline prices unnerve Mexicans as election year begins - MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's government on Wednesday denounced forecast price hikes by fuel retailers and tortilla makers ... the owner of a Mexico City bakery. The price of liquefied natural gas, used for cooking, rose by an average of 25 percent ... (01/02/2018)
- American Manufacturing – A Look At The Biggest Industry By State - The not-so-expected: New York and Hawaii might be more similar than one would normally guess. They both have bakeries and tortilla manufacturing as their leading industry. Hawaii holds over 2,500 jobs in the respective space and New York has nearly 23,000. (06/16/2017)
- 3-alarm fire guts Newburgh tortilla factory; 3 firefighters injured - CITY OF NEWBURGH — A three-alarm fire gutted a warehouse and manufacturing facility at Azteca Food — a bakery, tortilla factory and grocery in the City of Newburgh — early Sunday morning. Newburgh firefighters received the first call at 5:37 a.m ... (10/25/2015)
- Move over, matzo: Tortillas are on the rise in New York - Mr. Barbone also turned to makers in Georgia and South Carolina, where manufacturing is cheaper ... where space is cheaper. Still, bakeries, including tortilla makers, now make up more than three-quarters of the city's fast-growing food and beverage ... (07/26/2015)
- Former Elk Grove bakery to become Mexican tortilla plant - A former industrial bakery in Elk Grove is going to become a Mexican food ... “This will be one of their top manufacturing sites in the U.S.,” Burris said. Irv Rios of Colliers International, who represented Nina’s in the building purchase, said ... (02/05/2015)
- Lake Tech to open Center for Advanced Manufacturing - It's also her rationale for a recently-approved plan to build a $4.4 million, state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Manufacturing ... wage for manufacturing jobs in the top 20 segments range from $31,197 for workers making parts for bakeries and tortilla ... (10/26/2014)
- AM Manufacturing Co. to invest $2.28 million in Munster - AM Manufacturing makes dough-processing machines that enable the mass-production of pizza crusts, tortilla shells and bagels. The business serves bakeries and restaurants around the world. The company plans to start moving its workers to the new Munster ... (03/11/2014)
- Olympics boost payroll employment - most notably plastic product manufacturing; motor vehicle assembly; bakeries and tortilla manufacturing; agricultural, construction and mining machinery manufacturing; and motor vehicle parts. Other industries with notable job gains in February were ... (04/29/2010)
- Research and Markets: Retail Bakeries Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade - This 6-digit NAICS industry (311811) is under the hierarchy of Bread and Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry (31181), Bakeries and Tortilla Manufacturing Industry Group (3118), Food Manufacturing Subsector (311), and the Manufacturing Sector (31-33). (03/29/2010)
- Recession Causes Spike in Tortilla Sales while Flower Sales Decline - RISMEDIA, October 20, 2009—(MCT)—In a recession ... Chavez-Hansen estimates that roughly half of the 14% sales increase for tortilla manufacturing and bakeries is attributable to rising cost of such ingredients as wheat and corn. (10/19/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $115,544,887 on Bakeries & Tortilla Manufacturing. It has awarded 18,908 contracts to 235 companies, with an average value of $491,680 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|