|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers
Overview: the U.S. Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Juices, And Nonalcoholic Beverages
Packaged Soft Drinks
Nonalcoholic Beer And Mixers
Sport And Energy Drinks, Including Bottled And Canned Coffee And Tea
Beer, Ale, And Brewers' Products
Beer And Ale
Wine And Distilled Alcoholic Beverages
Distilled Liquor, Including Premixed Alcoholic Drinks
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||33%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||27%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||27%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products||27%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||36%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||20%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||20%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||8%|
|Material Moving Workers||14%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||10%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||10%|
Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- This year in Minnesota beer: Combination brewery-distillery taprooms? - “That language was added by the liquor lobby, distributors, retailers ... He could build a glass wall down the middle of the room -- beer on one side, liquor on the other. “And then install a phone, just like in prison.” he quips. (01/13/2018)
- S.F. Brewing Co. on verge of big expansion - In April, Leavy’s family-owned San Francisco Brewing Co. will open a 12,000-square-foot restaurant and brewery, including a beer garden with outdoor games ... they want to deal with just the distributors,” he said, noting that using distributors ... (01/11/2018)
- Craft Beer Drinkers Leave Boston Beer Behind - Boston Beer Company (NYSE: SAM), once spearheading the craft beer ... Depletions, which are the sales from distributors to retailers, are down mid-single digits in 2017. Results for the company have definitely hit a wall, and they're trending downward. (01/10/2018)
- Beers to You: Who put India into IPA? - India Pale Ale begs for an explanation, but IPA is perfectly understood. This is no riddle but a recognition of divergence from this beer’s English origins in ... his monopolistic business practices upset the merchants and customers. (01/10/2018)
- A craft beer self-distributing platform for modern times - Furthermore, distributors have the power to make some brands more exclusive. And the adventurous beer-lover… well, he pays more. At least, if his recently discovered favourite beer hasn’t already vanished into the big unknown a week later. Over time ... (01/09/2018)
- Brewing beer? Go a step further and grow your own hops - CORVALLIS — As craft beer and home brewing continue to rise ... from online sources and local distributors. You can also dig up a rhizome or make a stem cutting from a friend's established plant. January and February are the months for digging up ... (01/05/2018)
- Brewer warns it may offer less weak beer for Utah grocers - Anheuser-Busch, which makes Budweiser and a number of other brands, said in a letter to Utah beer wholesalers that it may reduce the low-alcohol beer it offers, going from 20 brands down to 12. A handful of states had limited beer sold in grocery stores to ... (12/27/2017)
- Samuel Adams Octoberfest makes early arrival, before Boston Beer's Summer Ale taps run dry - This summer also marked the launch of Boston Beer’s can business, with Sam Adams Lager and Summer Ale sold in cans as well, a launch Roper says has been in line with his expectations so far. The typical target is for most wholesalers to run out of Summer ... (08/02/2013)
- The winner of the 2010 Beer Madness: Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout - But the hoppy pale ale from Scandinavia ... The clean, malty lager has finished in Beer Madness's Final Four for three years straight but has never pushed its way to the top. But back to the winner. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is a testament to how "some ... (04/21/2010)
- 2009 U.S. Beer & Ale Wholesale Industry Report Includes Industry Definition And 5-Year Historical Trends On Industry Sales - has announced the addition of the "2009 U.S. Beer & Ale Wholesale Industry Report" report to their offering. The Beer & Ale Wholesale Industry report, published annually, contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. (10/06/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $24,286 on Beer & Ale Merchant Wholesalers. It has awarded 2 contracts to 1 companies, with an average value of $24,286 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Fermented malt beverages merchant wholesalers, Ale merchant wholesalers, Beer merchant wholesalers, Beverages, alcoholic (except distilled spirits, wine), merchant wholesalers, Alcoholic beverages (except distilled spirits, wine) merchant wholesalers, Porter merchant wholesalers, etc.