|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Boat Dealers
Overview: the U.S. Boat Dealers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Boat Dealers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Boat Dealers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Sporting Goods & Recreational Equipment
Boats & Other Sport Vehicles, Parts & Accessories
New Boats, Canoes, Kayaks, Motors, Parts & Accessories
Used Boats, Canoes, Kayaks, Motors, Parts & Accessories
All-Terrain Vehicles (Atvs) & Personal Watercraft
All Nonmerchandise Receipts
Labor Charges For Work Performed By This Establishment
Parts, Paint & Materials Installed In Repair
Receipts From Pleasure Boat Storage & Docking Services
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Boat Dealers Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Boat Dealers companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Boat Dealers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Boat Dealers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Boat Dealers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||40%|
|Retail Sales Workers||35%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks and Parts Salespersons||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||30%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||26%|
|Small Engine Mechanics||17%|
|Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians||7%|
|Miscellaneous Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||6%|
|Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Boat Dealers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Boats and bucks highlight shows - "Plus, you'll have all of the state's major dealers right there under one roof, so they'll be very competitive to make the best deals." Demand will increase later in the year when warmer weather spurs people to think about buying a new boat, so early ... (01/11/2018)
- Boat tours to mega sea bridge a hit in mainland, but not in HK - Operators are charging the tourists anywhere from 100 yuan to nearly 600 yuan for the boat tours, which have become quite popular, hk01.com reports. A sales manager of Guangzhou-based GZL International Travel Service, which began to offer the boat tours ... (01/11/2018)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife participating at Denver Boat Show, Sportsmen's Expo - "We are grateful for the support of boaters and the Colorado Marine Dealers Association for their continued participation in the program." Colorado Parks and Wildlife also is an exhibitor at the show, with a booth that will showcase boat safety and the ... (01/11/2018)
- Boatyard bandits make off with expensive marine gadgets - DANIA BEACH, Fla. - Broward County sheriff's deputies are searching for several men they say broke into a Dania Beach boat dealership and made off with thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Deputies said sometime in the early morning hours of Dec. 17 ... (01/10/2018)
- Portland Boat Show kicks off - It will showcase more than 40 of the area’s top boat dealers and over 100 brands. We plan to explore fishing boats, runabouts, pontoon boats, ski boats, cruisers, outboard motors, wakeboard boats, yachts, inflatables, paddle boats, personal watercraft ... (01/10/2018)
- Suspects sought in burglary of six boats at marine dealership - Sometime overnight on Wednesday, six boats were burglarized at GT Marine in south Manatee County, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office. An unknown number of suspects entered six vessels that were in a fenced-in enclosure at GT Marine, located ... (01/10/2018)
- British boat industry SOARS with highest sales for 10 years as builders cash in on Brexit - Sales soared by 3.4 percent to £3.1billion in the year to April 2017, a total not seen since the global crash of 2008 according to lobby group British Marine. The sector supports more than 33,000 jobs in the UK's manufacturing and service industry, while ... (01/10/2018)
- Boat dealers power ahead as economy picks up - Dealers at the Houston Boat Show anticipate stronger local sales this year as oil prices stabilize and buyers look to replace vessels damaged by Hurricane Harvey. Hundreds of dealers showcased more than 1,000 boats at the 63rd annual expo, which occupied ... (01/10/2018)
- U.S. Boat Sales Strong Heading into 2018, Poised for Another Year of Growth - CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), representing the nation’s recreational boat, engine and marine accessory manufacturers, announced today it expects unit sales of new powerboats to be up six percent in 2017 ... (01/09/2018)
- Houston Boat Show helps Houstonians get afloat after Harvey - according to preliminary estimates from the Boat Owners Association of The United States. Sales have been steadily increasing in the weeks leading up to the 63rd annual boat show as people have started to move forward, said Jonathan Whitmire, general ... (01/07/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,621,353 on Boat Dealers. It has awarded 221 contracts to 102 companies, with an average value of $45,307 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Used boat dealers, Boat dealers, new and used, Power boat dealers, Outboard motor dealers, Marine supply dealers, Sail boat dealers, Boat trailer dealers, etc.