|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||11%|
|Retail Sales Workers||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||30%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||6%|
Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Frozen Bakery Products Industry Sales,Supply and Consumption 2018 Global Analysis and Forecast to 2023 - The partially baked frozen bread may ... an international manufacturing hub at Benevento Italy. In 2016, Grupo Bimbo S.A.B acquired Panettiere, a Columbian company which produces frozen baked foods. Geographically Frozen Bakery Products Market is segmented ... (01/10/2018)
- Organic Bakery Products Market 2018 Global Trend, Growth, Demand, Size, Segmentation and Opportunities Forecast To 2025 - 2.2 Manufacturing Cost Structure Analysis of Organic Bakery Products 2.3 Manufacturing Process Analysis of Organic Bakery Products 2.4 Industry Chain Structure of Organic Bakery Products 3 Technical Data and Manufacturing Plants Analysis of Organic Bakery ... (01/10/2018)
- Mogilev-based Domochay bakery starts selling into United States - “We have earlier exported some pilot batches of our products through an intermediary ... The company was founded in 1927 under the name Mogilev Bread Factory. The Mogilev Oblast Bakery Manufacturing Association was set up in 1972 to modernize the ... (12/29/2017)
- Asia Pacific Frozen Bakery Products Market shows promising growth in the forecast period (2017-2022) - Also, frozen bakery product features including reasonable prices, environment friendly manufacturing process ... By type, the market is further sub-segmented into Frozen Bread, Frozen Pizza Crust, Frozen Cake & Pastry. By Distribution Channel, the market ... (12/27/2017)
- Great Harvest Bread Co. announces new 'hub and spoke' bakery café franchise model - The company announced it will begin offering a "hub and spoke" bakery-café franchise opportunity ... all made on their choice of fresh bread made that morning. "While the rest of the world got used to mass manufacturing of processed bread, Great Harvest ... (01/07/2017)
- Hindustan Unilever to sell Modern Bakery as part of its strategy to exit non-core businesses - which owns six operating manufacturing units and a network of franchisees across India. "Modern is an iconic brand which has been delighting consumers over the years through its range of high-quality bread and value-added bakery products. Since its ... (09/09/2015)
- HUL sells its bread, bakery business to Nimman Foods - Under the brand, the company sells a complete range of bread and bakery products. The business currently has six operating manufacturing units and a network of franchisees across India. “Since it’s acquisition in 2000, HUL has strengthened the Modern ... (09/08/2015)
- Research and Markets: 2013 U.S. Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry-Industry & Market Report - has announced the addition of the "2013 U.S. Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry-Industry & Market Report" report to their offering. The 2013 U.S. Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing Industry report, published annually, contains timely and ... (05/13/2013)
- Taystee Bakery Closes in Bitterness; Manufacturing Shift Leaves Flushing Workers Feeling Deserted, Betrayed and Afraid - Now the workers, supported by religious and political leaders, are fighting the closing in court, boycotting Stroehmann's products ... buying the bakery, he said. As the operations wound down yesterday and the familiar waft of baking bread began to fade ... (07/11/1992)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $83,902,534 on Bread & Bakery Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 18,786 contracts to 198 companies, with an average value of $423,750 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|