Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Building Inspection Services
Overview of the U.S. Building Inspection Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Building Inspection Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Building Inspection Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Specific Element Inspection Services
Structural Component Inspection Services
Roofing Inspection Services
Other Specific Element Inspection Services
All Other Inspection Services
Home Inspection Services (Include Only Buildings With Fewer Than Four Residences.)
Combined Home And Pest Inspection Services
New Home Construction Inspection Services
Commercial Building Inspection Services
Other Services Related To Building Inspection
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Building Inspection Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Building Inspection Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Building Inspection Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||50%|
|Architects, Surveyors, and Cartographers||9%|
|Architects, Except Naval||6%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||16%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||5%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
Building Inspection Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Advanced Corrosion Technologies & Training|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Greene County restaurant inspections - 01/05/2018 - Inspection. Priority Violations Found: 0. Nonpriority Violations Found: 3. Observed: Single service forks stored in cabinet ... Clean as often as necessary to prevent food debris from building up and attracting pests. Observed: Quad reach ... (01/12/2018)
- Man who had gun at CR city services building changes plea to guilty - Cedar Rapids police say a man entered the Cedar Rapids City Public Works Department Streets Division building located at 1201 6th ... The city said Howard worked in the permit inspection area of the city services center. Police said the 42-year-old from ... (01/11/2018)
- Herndon Eatery's Ceiling Sagging Under Rodent Poop: Inspections - RESTON/HERNDON, VA — Fairfax County regularly conducts inspections ... of the building are present along the base of the back door. Non-critical violation: Observation: Observed holes in floor/wall junction (access point for mice/rats), at service ... (01/11/2018)
- Kids ‘at serious risk’ despite NYCHA’s lead inspections: lawyer - Stern had the company TRC Environmental Corp. shadow eight of the city’s inspections, which were carried out by ATC Group Services, on Dec. 4 and 5 ... and to have the city re-inspect every building built before 1978. The city has already recently ... (01/11/2018)
- Mount Holly Springs council sets fees for rental unit inspections - The fees associated with the inspection program were rolled into a general resolution that set all the fees for borough services for 2018. This includes such things as building permits and park pavilion rentals. Council member Edgar Kendall cast the only ... (01/09/2018)
- Fire inspection results for Toronto highrises now online, Toronto Fire Services announces - Toronto Fire Services has launched an online portal where tenants can check the fire inspection results of highrise buildings — but a tenant advocate is questioning if it will really help people find out if their building is a "fire trap." Toronto Fire ... (01/08/2018)
- Escambia County Waives Permit, Inspection Fees for Freeze-Related Pipe Damage - Please note that this waiver only applies to permit and inspection fees. Permits are still required as usual. The waived fees were proposed by the Escambia County Building Services Department and the Building Services Inspection Fund Advisory Board in an ... (01/07/2018)
- Four admit using bogus quotations to secure inspection, repair works - The anti-graft agency said a former chairlady of the incorporated owners of an industrial building and three contractors admitted ... company secure over HK$470,000 worth of mandatory building inspection and necessary repair works at the industrial building. (01/04/2018)
- Sewer Physical Inspection - visual pipe and building inspections. It calculates rehabilitation and repair costs based on industry cost factors and line defects. The software displays graphic schematics of line segment defects and service connections. It also imports TV observations ... (01/02/2018)
- City of Muskegon moves to privatize its building inspection services with Colorado company - MUSKEGON, MI – Outsourcing building inspection services is not what the Muskegon City Commission wanted to do, but commissioners Tuesday said they have been forced to do so by financial circumstances. With a 6-1 vote, commissioners approved a contract ... (09/12/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $91,895,803 on Building Inspection Services. It has awarded 1,182 contracts to 206 companies, with an average value of $446,096 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Building inspection services, Home inspection services, Inspection services, building or home, Building inspection bureaus, Inspection bureaus, building, Energy efficiency inspection services, Prepurchase home inspection services, etc.