|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||9%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||10%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Digital storage device Global Market Research Sources, End user Analysis and Forecast to 2022 - Technological advancements in both magnetic disks and heads will continue to aid enhancements in HDD recording. However ... Kingmax Technology Inc., Micron Technology Inc., Lexar Media Inc., PNY Technologies Inc., RITEK Corporation and Verbatim Americas ... (12/01/2017)
- Saying Goodbye: 5 Alternatives To The Optical Disc - With computers growing smaller and lifestyles going mobile, less and less devices offer sufficient space for internal optical drives. Presently, the market is kept afloat by Blu-ray consumer home video sales, but in terms of data storage, optical discs are ... (11/20/2012)
- Moser Baer Has All But Shut Down - The personal computer and consumer storage media was changing and technology pundits had already begun to debate which of the two media, magnetic (floppies) or optical ... It was manufacturing several formats like CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R and DVD-RW. (08/01/2012)
- Imation Looks To Data Security, Data Leakage Tech With ENCRYPTX Acquisition - byJoseph F. Kovar on March 3, 2011, 6:05 pm EST HP 3D Printing Business President Stephen Nigro - the driving force behind what HP is calling a $12 trillion opportunity to transform global manufacturing - spoke with CRN about the company's blockbuster ... (03/03/2011)
- HamaTech APE Enters Partnership with the Technical Institute of the Moscow University - “With the ASC5500’s proven track record in nearly every captive and merchant ... the world leader in High Volume Manufacturing equipment for Optical Discs CD/DVD/Blu-ray, acquired STANGL to focus on the photovoltaic market and successfully entered ... (07/21/2009)
- Panasonic Sees Archival Potential of Blu-ray Disc - Hiroyuki Hasegawa, group manager of the Technology ... Optical discs, which began to rapidly replace magnetic media in 2000, are accounting for the largest portion of the global demand for recording media. In 2008, global demands for CD-R and recordable ... (03/12/2009)
- Optical Disc Duplicators offer pushbutton operation. - Feb. 13 -- Imation Corp. (NYSE:IMN), a worldwide leader in removable data storage media, today introduced two optical media duplicators enabling simple CD and DVD duplication anytime ... spanning the four pillars of magnetic, optical, flash and removable ... (02/19/2008)
- Data retention strategies for SMEs - Magnetic tape has been in use as a storage and backup media ... recording medium, is inefficient to search. The huge number of physical cassette and recording formats make compatibility and long-term readability a problem. CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray ... (03/22/2007)
- WHAT'S NEXT; Storage Methods Come and Go, but Tape Holds Its Own - While the declining cost of hard drives, optical technologies like DVD's, and research into new storage methods ... Hughes, the associate director of the Center for Magnetic Recording Research at the University of California at San Diego. (06/05/2003)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $15,604,784 on CD, DVD, Blue-Ray & Magnetic & Optical Recording Media Manufacturing. It has awarded 398 contracts to 57 companies, with an average value of $273,768 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Compact discs, recordable or rewritable, blank, manufacturing, Video tapes, Magnetic tapes, cassettes and disks, Tapes, magnetic recording (i.e., audio, data, video), Hard drive media manufacturing, Video cassettes, Audiotape, Head cleaners for magnetic tape equipment, Computer software tapes and disks, rigid and floppy, Blank tapes, audio and video, Magnetic and optical media, Magnetic recording media for tapes, cassettes, and disks, Diskettes, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.