|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Candy Stores
Overview of the U.S. Candy Stores IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Candy Stores: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Candy Stores industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Groceries & Other Food Items For Human Consumption Off The Premises
Candy, Prepackaged Cookies, & Snack Foods
All Other Groceries & Food Items
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Candy Stores company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Candy Stores industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Candy Stores measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||20%|
|Cooks and Food Preparation Workers||7%|
|Food Preparation Workers||6%|
|Food Preparation Workers||6%|
|Food and Beverage Serving Workers||11%|
|Fast Food and Counter Workers||10%|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||45%|
|Retail Sales Workers||39%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||12%|
|Butchers and Other Meat, Poultry, and Fish Processing Workers||8%|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Candy Stores Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|World Finer Foods|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Vodka-Infused Candy Is the Secret to Surviving Dry January - The grown-up candy store's newest line of confections comes infused with Tito's Handmade Vodka and includes adorable gummy bears flavored with a splash of ginger beer. If you're of the philosophy that it's not really cheating unless your liquor comes in ... (01/10/2018)
- 4 teenagers charged with trafficking pot-laced candy - Their names are being withheld because they are minors. Ellsworth Police Chief Glenn Moshier says he fears this will become more commonplace when retail marijuana stores open up. "Where the challenge really comes into play for us in law enforcement is the ... (01/10/2018)
- Maine teens charged with drug trafficking over marijuana-laced candy - Ellsworth’s police chief says he fears this will become more common when retail marijuana stores open up. “You know, if you look at these candies that were taken from these students at the high school and had them on a table next to a whole bunch of ... (01/10/2018)
- Target Has the Best Valentine's Day Candy This Year, Including Rosé Cotton Candy! - Candy-lined aisles full of pink packaging will soon tempt you to fill up your cart for Valentine's Day, and Target just might have the best options of all this year. Target gave us a peek at what its stores will carry this season, starting as soon as early ... (01/09/2018)
- Candy on the Curve – great things never last - Standing behind the counter just inside the door was Richard Young, the owner and proprietor of the bright yellow confectionery shop quizzically titled Candy on the Curve, a reference to the building’s location just past the 90-degree bend in the state ... (01/09/2018)
- If you think grocery stores are playing tricks on you, they really are - You’ll find them placed throughout the store, making it easy for you to grab the cookies or candy you’ve been thinking about since you walked in. [10 ways to save money on organic groceries] Dietitian Ellie Krieger, Nourish Schools co-founder Casey ... (01/09/2018)
- WATCH: Woman tries to steal candy bar from convenience store, scene escalates - CENTRALIA, Wash. (KOMO) -- A 39-year-old Centralia woman is facing a felony robbery charge and an assault charge after police say she shoved two market owners in a dispute over a candy bar. David Haladay, who owns B&D market, says he saw that woman pocket ... (01/08/2018)
- Barf, dirt, bacon: Soda flavors you’ll find at candy shop - WASHINGTON (AP) — The first time Carolyn Johnson walked into a Rocket Fizz store was four years ago when she and her husband stumbled upon one while vacationing in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Her reaction, just like many others who walk into the retro candy and ... (01/06/2018)
- Candy shop opening soon in downtown Bellefonte - BELLEFONTE– Get ready to be transported back to childhood or make new, sweet memories with your own children, as an old-time candy shop will soon be opening its doors in Bellefonte. Owner Chuck Kormanski, 55, of Bellefonte, realized his new dream to open ... (01/06/2018)
- New owners preserve Lafayette candy store's traditions - LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Although under new ownership this year, longtime traditions at McCord Candies on Sixth and Main streets aren't going anywhere. Ken and Denise Bootsma proved as much this Christmas by continuing to hand-make the shop's signature ... (12/29/2017)
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Nut (i.e., packaged) stores, Confectionery stores, packaged, retailing only, Candy stores, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.