Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services
Overview of the U.S. Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Commercial Cleaning Services
Janitorial And Custodial Services
Damage Restoration Cleaning Services
Hard Surface Floor Care Services
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning Services
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning - On-Site, Including Curtains And Drapes - Residential
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning - On-Site, Including Curtains And Drapes - Commercial
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning - Off-Site, Excluding Curtains And Drapes
Other Cleaning Services For Buildings And Dwellings
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations||85%|
|Supervisors of Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Building Cleaning and Pest Control Workers||52%|
|Building Cleaning Workers||48%|
|Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||41%|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||6%|
|Grounds Maintenance Workers||28%|
|Grounds Maintenance Workers||28%|
|Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers||25%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||5%|
Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Stanley Steemer International|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Local Johnson County Business Earns Distinction as a Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval Service Provider - Johnson County Chem-Dry is currently the only Carpet and Tile Cleaning Service Provider to hold this distinction ... removes 98% of allergens from carpet, rugs, and upholstery, while also removing 89% of airborne allergens and bacteria, vastly improving ... (01/09/2018)
- New Phoenix Carpet Cleaning Services, Tested and Proven - ... solutions for residential and commercial clients including upholstery and furniture cleaning. Arizona Carpet Cleaner offers reliable and high quality carpet cleaning services at reasonable prices. “If you would like to free your home or business of ... (01/08/2018)
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning in southern Utah | Veri Kleen - Their services expand to more than just carpet, rug, or upholstery cleaning. They are committed in providing exceptional customer service and quality workmanship at an affordable price. For the month January, Veri Kleen is giving you $20 off of any carpet ... (01/05/2018)
- Get The Best Foxboro Luxury Carpet Oriental Rug Cleaning Fabric Protection Services - The company has recently updated its services to offer cutting-edge cleaning solutions for clients interested in deep carpet and upholstery cleaning. The company provides complete cleaning for all types of carpets, including Persian, Oriental, Chinese ... (01/04/2018)
- Wellesley MA Carpet Cleaning Expert and Upholstery Protection Services Launched - Wellesley carpet cleaning company New Dimension Fabric Protection & Cleaning launched a full range of Eco-friendly carpet and upholstery cleaning services. An IICRC-certified firm, the company employees licensed and insured experts to guarantee safe and ... (01/01/2018)
- Foxboro MA Carpet Cleaning Expert and Upholstery Protection Services Launched - New Dimension Fabric Protection & Cleaning, a professional carpet and fabric cleaning company based in Foxboro, launched an updated range of services for clients looking for professional, Eco-friendly cleaning solutions. New Dimension’s licensed and ... (12/31/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,643,657 on Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services. It has awarded 253 contracts to 68 companies, with an average value of $38,877 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Carpet cleaning on customers' premises, Rug cleaning plants, Upholstery cleaning services, Carpet cleaning services, Rug cleaning services, Carpet cleaning plants, Furniture cleaning on customers' premises, Cleaning carpets, Cleaning rugs, Cleaning services, carpet and rug, Upholstery cleaning on customers' premises, Furniture cleaning services, Cleaning plants, etc.