|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||40%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||31%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||31%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||30%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Lafarge North America|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Binani Cement creditors may be saved haircut as 5 bids emerge - Braj Binani has been instrumental in the diversification initiative of the Binani Group into cement, glass fibre, engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) and ready mix concrete products. The company also diversified into fibre glass manufacturing by ... (01/16/2018)
- Global ready mixed concrete RMX industry examined in new market research report - Us Concrete, Siam Cement Group, Votorantim, Cimpor, China Resources Cement Limited, Sika and others. Access report at: www.themarketreports.com/report/buy-now/855605 When taking a good look at this report, based on the product, it is evident that the ... (01/11/2018)
- Sub-standard cement and cement products flooding Ghanaian markets? - whiles producers of sub-standard cement and cement products make huge profits. The cement industry in Ghana is fast growing following the emergence of new manufacturing companies such as Dangote, CIMAF, LarfargHolcim (CBI) and Xin-An Cement; with the ... (01/11/2018)
- Halifax cleantech firm CarbonCure strikes deal to expand to 16 new concrete plants - ATLANTA—A Canadian company’s technology for trapping carbon dioxide in concrete will soon find its way into 16 more manufacturing plants in the ... with access to an affordable greener building product across our U.S. markets,” John Cook, technical ... (01/09/2018)
- New audit service to support concrete product manufacturers - Several inputs can determine how profitable manufacturing operations are for concrete products, and Dawneerangen highlights the constituent materials that are used to manufacture the products as one of the biggest inputs. “CPMs essentially buy cement and ... (05/11/2017)
- Concrete products reabsorb nearly half CO2 released in cement manufacture - The production of cement is a major source of carbon dioxide, but new research suggests the material that makes up our concrete jungles also plays an important ... In this time, it is estimated that cement manufacturing released 38.2 gigatonnes of carbon ... (11/22/2016)
- Research and Markets: 2013 Report on the US Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing Industry - has announced the addition of the "Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing" report to their offering. Companies in this industry manufacture cement, ready-mix concrete, and concrete products such as blocks, pipes, bricks, walls, and girders. Major ... (02/12/2013)
- Khalid Cement and Shell link for sulphur concrete - ... lower CO 2 emissions than Portland-cement concrete, the company says, partly because the emissions associated with limestone conversion in the cement manufacturing process are avoided. The end product reaches maximum strength within hours rather than ... (01/20/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $40,620,956 on Cement & Concrete Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 729 contracts to 268 companies, with an average value of $151,571 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.