Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Other Commercial And Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing
Other Office Machinery, Excluding Parts And Attachments
Commercial Cooking And Food-Warming Equipment And Parts And Accessories
Commercial And Industrial Vacuum Cleaners (Including Parts And Attachments)
Automotive Maintenance Equipment (Excluding Handtools) (Sold Separately)
Electronic Teaching Machines, Teaching Aids, Trainers, And Simulators (Including Kits)
Miscellaneous Machinery Products (Including Flexible Metal Hose And Tubing, Metal Bellows.) (Excluding Electrical)
Other Commercial And Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||13%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Hydra Heating Industries|
|Mar Cor Purification|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Mast Brothers: An Insider’s Account of a Wholesale Debacle (Part One) - Part One addresses the negative press that began ... paint chips that Apple’s manufacturing director, Matt Carter, finally just installed them in their usual beige and gray. When Jobs took a tour, he ordered that the machines be repainted in the bright ... (01/07/2018)
- Vending Machine Provides Free Food, Socks, and Toiletries to Homeless People - As Fast Company reports, Action Hunger has installed a vending machine inside the entrance of a Nottingham ... success selling portion-controlled meat cuts long before commercial food manufacturers started peddling smaller serving sizes for dieters. (01/05/2018)
- How did chemicals get in water near two Evansville schools? - Both sites are former locations of Clayton's Fine Drycleaning, a defunct laundry business whose former owner ... with Innovative Environmental Technologies operates a machine which injects a mixture of liquid nutrients into the ground to assist anaerobic ... (11/24/2017)
- All Star Laundry and Dry Cleaning expanding rapidly - A typical day for Cheryl Walstad, president of Sarasota-based All Star Laundry and Dry Cleaning ... what the owners say is the latest in clothes-pressing and dry cleaning technology, complete with a machine that folds and presses towels, a shirts and ... (07/17/2017)
- What dry cleaning should cost and how to find good shops around Philly - You need a dry cleaner you can trust — a star with stain solutions, a pro at pressing, and a wiz with whitening ... the widely used “Fair Claims Guide” published by the Drycleaning and Laundry Institute, a dry cleaner should cover the replacement ... (07/06/2017)
- A Clean Slate for Kleen: Commercial Laundry Operation Emerges From Painful Bankruptcy - With the plant processing 62,000 pounds of laundry ... to the commercial laundry and dry cleaning industry. The young trio ran a Boston consulting firm when they bought Manchester’s Bird Bath Commercial Laundry in 2004 “because we wanted manufacturing ... (02/16/2017)
- Can Tide Dry Cleaners clean up in St. Louis? - The manufacturing company hopes to leverage the fame of its Tide laundry detergent into a foothold in the service economy. “Consumers have generally been dissatisfied with dry cleaning ... to see the washing and pressing machines in back. (02/10/2013)
- Research and Markets: This Essential 2009 Worldwide Commercial & Service Industry Machinery Industry Report is Now Available - The Worldwide Commercial & Service Industry Machinery Industry report ... primarily engaged in manufacturing commercial and service machinery, such as automatic vending machinery, commercial laundry and dry-cleaning machinery, office machinery ... (09/01/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $386,689,506 on Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning & Pressing Machine Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,244 contracts to 610 companies, with an average value of $633,917 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Binding equipment (i.e., plastics or tape binding), office-type, manufacturing, Gas ranges, commercial-type, Water treatment equipment manufacturing, Vacuum cleaners, industrial and commercial-type, Sewage treatment equipment manufacturing, Mail handling machinery, post office-type, Swimming pool filter systems manufacturing, Brake service equipment (except mechanic's hand tools), motor vehicle, Alignment equipment, Dryers, laundry (except household-type), Drycleaning equipment and machinery manufacturing, Coin wrapping machines manufacturing, Cigarette vending machines manufacturing, Carousels (i.e., merry-go-rounds) manufacturing, Carnival and amusement park shooting gallery machinery manufacturing, Ozone machines for water purification manufacturing, Carpet and floor cleaning equipment, electric commercial-type, Canceling machinery, postal office-type, Floor sanding, washing, and polishing machines, Envelope stuffing, sealing, and addressing machinery manufacturing, Letter folding, stuffing, and sealing machinery manufacturing, Incoming mail handling equipment (e.g., opening, scanning, sorting) manufacturing, Snack and confection vending machines manufacturing, Tire mounting machines, Adding machines manufacturing, Stoves, Dictating machines manufacturing, Steam cookers, Laundry pressing machines (except household-type) manufacturing, Bundling machinery (e.g., box strapping, mail, newspaper) manufacturing, Currency counting machinery manufacturing, Voting machines manufacturing, Coin-operated vending machines manufacturing, Flight simulation machinery manufacturing, Coin counting machinery manufacturing, Postage meters manufacturing, Calculators manufacturing, Carpet sweepers, mechanical, Hotplates, Teaching machines (e.g., flight simulators) manufacturing, Cooking equipment (i.e., fryers, microwave ovens, ovens, ranges), Collating machinery, Carnival and amusement park rides manufacturing, Steam tables manufacturing, Hot beverage vending machines manufacturing, Mechanisms for coin-operated machines manufacturing, Mop wringers manufacturing, Ferris wheels manufacturing, Postage stamp vending machines manufacturing, Washing machines, Balancing equipment, Microwave ovens, Sanding machines, floor, Cash registers (except point of sales terminals) manufacturing, Food warming equipment, Vending machines manufacturing, Power washer cleaning equipment manufacturing, Trash and garbage compactors, Ice cream vending machines manufacturing, Change making machines manufacturing, Wash water recycling machinery manufacturing, Ranges, Ovens, Water softening equipment manufacturing, Hair dryers, beauty parlor-type, Holepunchers (except hand operated), Stenography machinery manufacturing, Dishwashing machines, Garbage disposal units, Laundry machinery and equipment (except household-type) manufacturing, Carwashing machinery manufacturing, Typewriters manufacturing, Word processing equipment, dedicated, Check writing machines manufacturing, Deep-fat fryers, Laundry extractors manufacturing, Oil water separators manufacturing, Locks, coin-operated, Water purification equipment manufacturing, Coffee makers and urns, Central vacuuming systems, Water heaters (except boilers), Frame and body alignment equipment, Corn popping machines, Soft drink vending machines manufacturing, etc.