Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance
Overview of the U.S. Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Maintenance And Repair - Communications And Navigation Equipment
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of New Equipment
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||6%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||18%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||53%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||35%|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||19%|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||19%|
|Radio and Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||15%|
|Precision Instrument and Equipment Repairers||11%|
|Medical Equipment Repairers||9%|
Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|L-3 Communications Mobile-Vision||3|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Kazakhstan's Ozenmunaygaz opens 6.8 bln tenge base for oilfield equipment repair in Zhanaozen - AKTAU. Jan 12 (Interfax-Kazakhstan) – JSC Ozenmunaigas - an oil producing subsidiary of JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Productio - has commissioned a production base for oilfield and engineering communication equipment repair in the town of Zhanaozen of ... (01/12/2018)
- FairPoint Communications Adds Virtual Customer Premises Equipment, Creating Virtual Router Solutions - FairPoint Communications, now a Consolidated Communications subsidiary, has launched an NFV-based virtual Customer Premises Equipment (vCPE ... along with service upgrades and maintenance. FairPoint claims their vCPE solution offers 16x the survivability ... (01/10/2018)
- Tri-State maintenance protects power, telecom delivery - The power wholesaler’s Montrose-based transmission maintenance office marshaled equipment and sent mechanics to help with repairs. “They lost all emergency communication to ... if we were going to be able to repair the generator at the site, or whether ... (01/10/2018)
- Kalmar signs maintenance and repair contract with PSA Corporation Limited - Kalmar, part of Cargotec, has been awarded a contract for the maintenance and repair of mobile equipment from PSA Corporation Ltd for the next three-year term. The contract supports the overall maintenance effort of a fleet of up to 700 prime movers and ... (01/04/2018)
- San Antonio Lawn Sprinkler Winterization Maintenance Repair Services Launched - The company provides complete winterization, repair, installation and maintenance solutions ... He really took his time teaching me how to use my equipment and making sure everything was right. I would definitely recommend AAIS.” Interested parties ... (11/28/2017)
- Repair Network Integration helps build a better repair network - offers a single point of contact to help maintenance backshops explore all available supply and repair options to find an optimum solution. RNI is a process-focused initiative to develop an enterprise-wide view of select off-equipment repair capability and ... (10/08/2017)
- Tech support, repair and maintenance service critical to 20 years - “What’s critical to Doosan’s success is the technical support and repair and maintenance service we offer our customer base throughout the country. Doosan equipment is also ... provides a perfect synchronised communication link between the engine ... (09/28/2017)
- FLYHT Contracts with a Maintenance Repair Company in China - GAMECO specializes in aircraft and airborne component maintenance, repair and overhaul ... and cockpit communications for the aerospace industry. More than 50 customers, including airlines, leasing companies and original equipment manufacturers, have ... (11/28/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $486,642,673 on Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance. It has awarded 2,760 contracts to 687 companies, with an average value of $708,359 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Resale Of Merchandise - Resale Of New Equipment
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance||Opportunity/Threat|
|Computer & Office Machine Repair & Maintenance|
|Appliance Repair & Maintenance||Competing industry|
|Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance||Competing industry|
|Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Resale Of Merchandise - Resale Of New Equipment are less than those from Communication Equipment Repair & Maintenance. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Resale Of Merchandise - Resale Of New Equipment sales, taking market share from this industry.
Resale Of Merchandise - Resale Of New Equipment Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Communication equipment repair and maintenance services, Facsimile machine repair and maintenance services, Public address system repair and maintenance services, Fax machine repair and maintenance services, Telephone equipment repair and maintenance services without retailing new telephone equipment, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.