|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electronic Computer Manufacturing
Single User Computers, Microprocessor-Based, Capable Of Supporting Attached Peripherals (Personal Computers, Workstations, Porta
Computer Storage Device Manufacturing
Computer Terminal And Other Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Operations Specialties Managers||6%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||10%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||33%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||23%|
|Software Developers, Applications||9%|
|Software Developers, Systems Software||14%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||19%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||7%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||6%|
Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Integration Technologies Group|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Cloud Services Brokerage Enablement | @CloudExpo #DX #Cloud #FinTech - Cloud-native thinking is now the norm in financial services, manufacturing, telco ... All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. (01/05/2018)
- Axiomtek Launches Its Expandable, Compact Medical-Grade Touch Panel PC for Space-Constrained Environments – The MPC102-845 - City of Industry, CA, December 29, 2017 --(PR.com)-- Axiomtek, one of the world's leading design and manufacturing companies ... VESA arm or desktop stand. This industrial-grade touch panel PC can be run on Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, WES ... (12/29/2017)
- Worldwide Electronics Manufacturing Services Market: 2017 Edition - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Worldwide Electronics Manufacturing Services Market - 2017 Edition" report has ... 1.1 percent in 2016 as a result of the slowing of sales for PCs (desktop, notebook and ultra). The report begins with an analysis of ... (09/28/2017)
- Global Electronics Manufacturing Services Markets, 2021 - Analysis by Product and Country Across 63 Product Segments and 916 Manufacturing Sites - The "The Worldwide Electronics Manufacturing Services Market - 2017 Edition" report has been ... 1.1 percent in 2016 as a result of the slowing of sales for PCs (desktop, notebook and ultra). The report begins with an analysis of the worldwide electronics ... (09/27/2017)
- QCC to open internet cafe, manufacturing training center in Whitinsville - One component is an agreement signed May 12 with nonprofit human services agency Alternatives ... and Ms. Carberry inked the deal for the manufacturing center. According to the agreement, QCC will provide 30 computers, including 20 with computer-aided ... (06/19/2017)
- Patterson Manufacturing Ratchets Up Customer Service With Comcast Business - PITTSBURGH, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast Business today announced that Patterson Manufacturing, a Pittsburgh-based ... and an innovative user experience accessible via computers, desktop phones and mobile devices. The company is additionally ... (03/18/2014)
- Microsoft's Windows 8, IE10, Windows Server 2012 Released to Manufacturing - Microsoft announced that Windows 8 has been released to manufacturers along with Internet Explorer 10 and Windows Server 2012. Meanwhile, the company finalized builds of Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5. Microsoft has announced the release to manufacturing ... (08/01/2012)
- Service Pack 1 completed for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 - Microsoft announced today that Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 was released to manufacturing ... systems running Windows Thin PC will not need a virtual desktop access (VDA) license to access services provisioned using VDI desktops. (02/09/2011)
- IBM to outsource desktop manufacturing - IBM is choosing its battles, and manufacturing desktop ... IBM's PC division return to profitability. However, he said, "it's about more than just a lower cost of manufacturing. (IBM is) going to turn their attention to other things," such as services. (01/08/2002)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,324,390,438 on Computer Desktop & Server Manufacturing. It has awarded 22,838 contracts to 1,025 companies, with an average value of $2,267,698 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hand held computers (e.g., PDAs) manufacturing, Microcomputers manufacturing, Digital computers manufacturing, Mainframe computers manufacturing, Computers manufacturing, Analog computers manufacturing, Workstations, computer, manufacturing, Portable computers manufacturing, Personal computers manufacturing, Computer servers manufacturing, Notebook computers manufacturing, Hybrid computers manufacturing, Laptop computers manufacturing, Minicomputers manufacturing, etc.