Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Operations Specialties Managers||6%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||10%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||33%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||23%|
|Software Developers, Applications||9%|
|Software Developers, Systems Software||14%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||19%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||7%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||6%|
Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Nano/micro 3-D printing is capable of generating complex, minute components. - Now, companies such as BMF are bringing this technology to a new level with printers that have micrometer/nanometer resolution and the capacity to perform high-volume manufacturing. What sets BMF apart, says Plummer, is the equipment’s level of rigor and ... (01/10/2018)
- The 25 best laptop bags for everyone, from students to globetrotters - Whether it’s a chic messenger bag for around town or rough-and-tumble backpack that goes well beyond general commuting purposes, keeping your computer safe is essential ... along with your keyboard, mouse, peripherals, power supply, extra controllers ... (01/09/2018)
- CES 2018 Exhibitor Profiles: Casio America Inc. to Honda - Casio America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co. Ltd., one of the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics products and business equipment solutions ... pioneers in the fields of Additive Manufacturing, CNC Machining and ... (01/05/2018)
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing - After the success of the Cloud Matters Conference in Banff last month, which was attended by 350 technology professionals including senior executives from Salesforce, Dell, HP, and Blackberry, The Canadian ... (12/16/2017)
- Research and Markets: Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing - has announced the addition of the "Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing" report to their offering. First Research is the leading industry intelligence company that helps sales teams perform faster and smarter, open doors, and close more deals. (02/04/2010)
- Contract Manufacturing: Now's the Time to Diversify - As those in the contract manufacturing field already know ... wired communications, computer systems, computer peripherals, test equipment, industrial electronics, medical electronics and military and aerospace electronics. In addition, some have pointed ... (08/24/2001)
- Prices Seem To Be Right For Computer Buyers - Peripheral manufacturers are also maintaining high ... said Mary Ann Karinch, spokeswoman for the Computer and Business Equipment Manufacturing Association, a Washington trade group. ''We try to monitor sales but there's no way that we can keep up with ... (08/11/1992)
- Magnetic Peripherals Inc. Turning Out Computer Components for AT&T - The Magnetic Peripherals Inc ... manufacturing plant has been redesigned to build compact, high-performance computers for the computer market. The AT&T computers will be compatible with the giant Bill system's own terminals, as well as with equipment ... (05/03/1984)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,796,152,787 on Computer & Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 30,050 contracts to 2,343 companies, with an average value of $1,193,407 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|