|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Operations Specialties Managers||6%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||13%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||9%|
|Software Developers, Applications||9%|
|Software Developers, Systems Software||14%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||23%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||7%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||10%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Xplova X5 computer with built-in camera – review - Turning our attention to the ‘bike computer’ aspect of the X5, it’s a proverbial treasure trove of features that should cater for pretty much any need a cyclist has. It features ANT+ connectivity to pair to peripherals like heart rate monitors (cross ... (01/12/2018)
- Serial Attached SCSI Market To Witness Enhanced Usage In Electronic Product, Computer, Aerospace & Defense Sectors Till 2021 | Million Insights - Serial-Attached SCSI SAS is a technique that is utilized in get into computer peripheral devices that engages a serial ... since there are smaller number conductors in the cables. The hardware for serial interfaces is not as much of expensive as the ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Peripheral And Other Devices Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - Peripherals and other devices market comprise of establishments manufacturing ... Historic Growth 4. Peripheral And Other Devices Market Forecast Growth 5. Peripheral And Other Devices Market Comparison with Other Computer Hardware Markets 6. (12/14/2016)
- COMPUTER PERIPHERALS - Taking its total headcount in India to 20,000, Dell will start manufacturing all its products including desktops, laptops and computer peripherals in India by the first half of ’07. IT hardware and electronics company Intex on Thursday said it may raise ... (08/09/2010)
- MCUs offer wide range of on-chip peripherals, interfaces. - medical devices and computer peripherals. ST has added 28 new devices to the STM32 family, including devices in 36-pin packages at the low end and 144-pin packages at the high end. Compatibility of pin assignments, peripherals and software across all STM32 ... (06/03/2008)
- Microsoft Announces Vista Peripherals - The idea, says O'Neil, was to create computer peripherals using design and visual cues from Microsoft's next generation operating system, Windows Vista. The first of the hardware to launch ... Microsoft's next mouse off the manufacturing line would ... (09/14/2006)
- Prices Seem To Be Right For Computer Buyers - Maynard and other makers of computer peripherals - devices that enhance a computer ... We believe now is a strategic time in purchasing new hardware.'' Many businesses and individuals who own computers with the Intel 286 microchip are looking seriously ... (08/11/1992)
- Peripherals And Software Packages Aid In Data Collection - Data acquisition peripherals have been one of the more important developments within the last five years. Peripherals are the hardware part of data acquisition -- the actual electronic machinery through which signals pass into the computer. The ... (06/11/1990)
- PERIPHERALS; Clone War Escalates - If a customer bought a Tandy/Radio Shack computer, he or she was locked into buying from ... In a round of head-to-head hardware performance tests conducted by Software Digest, the Tandy 3000 without a hard disk drive was judged to be just as nimble ... (05/06/1986)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $23,787,958,526 on Computer Hardware & Peripheral Manufacturing. It has awarded 137,392 contracts to 16,528 companies, with an average value of $1,439,252 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|