Construction Sand & Gravel Mining Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Construction Sand & Gravel Mining
Overview: the U.S. Construction Sand & Gravel Mining Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Construction Sand & Gravel Mining:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Construction Sand & Gravel Mining Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Construction Sand & Gravel Mining companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Construction Sand & Gravel Mining company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Construction Sand & Gravel Mining industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Construction Sand & Gravel Mining measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Construction Sand & Gravel Mining Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Dispute focuses on gravel mine’s noise, permit process - At around 6 a.m., they said, they heard the beeping of construction equipment backing up ... According to a 2017 report from market research firm IBISWorld, the sand and gravel mining industry generated $16 billion in revenue and saw annual growth of ... (01/11/2018)
- General Mineral Mining Market Global Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The general mineral mining industry includes establishments involved in mining construction sand and gravel, industrial sand, kaolin and ball clay, clay and ceramic and refractory minerals. This market also includes companies carrying out potash ... (01/03/2018)
- Running out of sand: in numbers - The UN believes that sand and gravel, or aggregates, account for up to 85 percent of all mining activity around the world ... But the sector swallowing up the most sand is the construction industry. More than half of the world's population now lives ... (12/28/2017)
- The world is running out of sand - Despite the age-old question over whether there are more grains of sand or stars in the sky, there is not an infinite amount of sand. The unregulated, over-mining ... was mined for construction alone. In the US, construction sand and gravel were valued ... (09/11/2017)
- Sand Mining: Growing Pains Of Cross-Border Trade – Analysis - The value of US production of construction sand and gravel is higher than that of gold or copper production. Collecting production data in many nations is challenging because of varying specifications and the informal nature of some sand-mining businesses. (08/30/2017)
- Sand, gravel prices up after crackdown on illegal mining - JALANDHAR: After crackdown on illegal mining, prices of sand and gravel have increased and those involved in construction are saying that in view of shortage the prices may further go up. "I needed coarse sand for three of my projects and could get after a ... (03/28/2017)
- Company seeks to mine sand and gravel next to the Meramec - Getting the sand and gravel to concrete plants requires dump trucks. As a result, Winter Brothers and some Eureka residents near the site have renewed a fight that began in 2001, when the company first proposed the mining operation. The arguments have ... (10/25/2014)
- DENR announces new sand, gravel, mining website - PIERRE | The South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) is launching a new sand, gravel and construction aggregate mining website at http://arcgis.sd.gov/server/denr/conagg/. The site features an interactive map that allows ... (02/27/2014)
- Sand-gravel mining in Janesville proposed—again - The operation would bid to supply sand and gravel for local construction projects ... The entire site is 316 acres, but only about 70 acres is slated for mining. The Hughes family mined sand and gravel in the same place for many years, going back at ... (05/09/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $24,901,772 on Construction Sand & Gravel Mining. It has awarded 920 contracts to 204 companies, with an average value of $122,068 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Construction sand and gravel beneficiating (e.g., grinding, screening, washing), Sand and gravel quarrying (i.e., construction grade) and/or beneficiating, Sand, construction grade, quarrying and/or beneficiating, Pebbles (except grinding) mining and/or beneficiating, Common sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Construction sand or gravel dredging, Gravel quarrying and/or beneficiating, etc.