|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance
Overview: the U.S. Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Maintenance And Repair - Computer Hardware And Peripheral Equipment
Maintenance And Repair - Consumer Electronics
Maintenance And Repair - Televisions
Maintenance And Repair - Home Sound Equipment
Maintenance And Repair - Other Consumer Electronics
Maintenance And Repair - Communications And Navigation Equipment
Resale Of Merchandise
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||6%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||18%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||53%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||35%|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||19%|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||19%|
|Radio and Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||15%|
|Precision Instrument and Equipment Repairers||11%|
|Medical Equipment Repairers||9%|
Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- uBreakiFix Brings Electronics Repair to Porter County With New Portage Store - The fast-growing technology repair brand provides same-day repair service of all electronics, specializing in cell phone repair and computer repair at its more than 350 locations across North America. uBreakiFix Portage is the first location for local ... (01/08/2018)
- Tint World® Partners with Consumer Priority Service to Provide Customers Extra Product Protection - Consumer Priority Service offer extended warranty coverage for virtually all high ticket consumer purchases ranging from high-end consumer electronics to computers to major appliances and more. For more information, please visit (12/07/2017)
- Why We Must Fight for the Right to Repair Our Electronics - The Consumer Technology Association estimated that residents of the United States bought 183 million smartphones in 2016. There are already as many TVs in this country as there are people. That’s a lot of electronics ... service parts or provide repair ... (10/24/2017)
- Bringing the ‘right to repair’ to New York would make repairing electronics cheaper - The proponents of that bill argued that allowing every service center access to ... according to the Consumer Electronics Association. Currently, five states are considering the right to repair — New York, Nebraska, Minnesota, Kansas and Massachusetts. (03/27/2017)
- Consumer groups, repair shops want open book on electronics - BOSTON -- Makers of electronic devices, from smart phones to coffeemakers, are keeping repair plans secret and limiting access to parts, a veil that forces many small repair shops out of business, consumer advocates say. Electronics repair business and ... (12/19/2015)
- Cracking The Code Of Consumer Electronics Repair, iCracked Looks To Expand - Though best known for its on-demand phone repair services, startup iCracked has even bigger ambitions. The company is on its way to being a full-service consumer electronics sales service, and it’s starting by automating the entire smartphone trade-in ... (06/23/2015)
- Research and Markets: 2013 U.S. Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance Industry - Industry & Market Report - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w5p69z/2013_u_s) has announced the addition of the "2013 U.S. Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance Industry-Industry & Market Report" report to their offering. (02/14/2013)
- Tandy Adding Repair Service For Electronics - Henry Chiarelli, the company's vice president of operations, said Tandy hopes to capitalize on "a huge amount of anxiety over finding ways to get consumer electronics ... The new service will use Radio Shack's network of 119 regional repair centers ... (08/11/1994)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $8,463,745 on Consumer Electronics Repair & Maintenance. It has awarded 277 contracts to 137 companies, with an average value of $61,779 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Radio repair and maintenance services without retailing new radios, Video cassette recorder (VCR) repair services without retailing new video cassette recorders, Camera repair shops without retailing new cameras, Consumer electronics repair and maintenance services without retailing new consumer electronics, Stereo equipment repair shops without retailing new stereo equipment, Photographic equipment repair shops without retailing new photographic equipment, Radio repair, automotive, without retailing new, Television repair services without retailing new televisions, etc.