|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Convention & Trade Show Organizers
Overview: the U.S. Convention & Trade Show Organizers IndustryAfter recent declines in event participation, convention and trade show organizers are seeing increased interest for simpler events that can be created on shortened lead times.
With companies cutting costs and reducing the workforce, conference and trade show involvement was often at the bottom of the list of priorities. As general economic conditions trend upward, however, so does interest in participating in trade shows and conventions. Companies are removing restrictions—partially due to increased revenues and partially because of cost savings on events through tough negotiations won during the economic downturn.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Convention & Trade Show Organizers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Convention & Trade Show Organizers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Convention And Trade Show Organization Services
Public Relations Services
Event Management Services (Public Relations)
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Convention & Trade Show Organizers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Convention & Trade Show Organizers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Convention & Trade Show Organizers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Protective Service Occupations||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||30%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||13%|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||5%|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Convention & Trade Show Organizers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The Search for a Better Traffic Tracker - The organizers of Digestive Disease Week set out on a mission a few years ago to find a technology that would help optimize their trade show floor. DDW, which is a regular on the Healthcare Convention and Exhibitors Associations list of Top 50 medical ... (01/10/2018)
- Lift Cannabis Expo lights up Vancouver this weekend - Billing itself as “Canada’s Premier Cannabis Event,” the Lift Cannabis Expo runs Jan. 13 and 14 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. A business conference precedes the expo on Jan. 12. The trade show ... press release from show organizers. (01/10/2018)
- Trade volunteer hours for 2018 SXSW badges - trade shows, or technical support, volunteers will earn SXSW badges. Crew shift selections will take place at the SXSW Volunteer Call on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Austin Convention ... (01/10/2018)
- CES Room Demand Pushes MGM Resorts to Reopen Mandalay Bay 32nd Floor, as Convention Center Expansion Continues - With 180,000 expected convention attendees and rooms in high demand ... Home to some 22,000 meetings, conventions, and trade shows a year, event organizers have long requested more space, rooms, internet, and technological capabilities, as well as dining ... (01/09/2018)
- The U.S. Olympic committee will make an announcement in Louisville Thursday - It will be held during the TEAMS '18 Conference & Expo, which will be at the renovated Kentucky International Convention Center Oct. 1-4. TEAMS is a longstanding trade show that brings together sports events organizers in the amateur, collegiate ... (01/09/2018)
- Study: Trade Show Attendees Seek Accessible Destinations - Trade show exhibitors aren't typically picky ... destinations at a serious disadvantage -- even when they have large and modern convention centers. "Overall, the organizers gave the impression that … second-tier cities are not good enough for large ... (01/02/2018)
- FRYfest trade show organizers promise biggest event ever - Dubbed the world's largest Hawkeye tailgate party and trade show by organizers, the event this year will be ... director of special events at the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. "If you can imagine it, it's going to be there ... (08/31/2017)
- Orange County Convention Center eyes $500 million expansion - Trade-show organizers praised a nearly $500 million proposal to expand the Orange County Convention Center, but pressed officials to speed up what could be a 4½ year construction timeline. Convention center officials announced Tuesday the latest details ... (06/20/2017)
- Report: Trade shows forgoing San Diego Convention Center due to high costs - SAN DIEGO (CNS) - Fourteen organizers of major future trade shows are bypassing San Diego because of high costs while two others expressed concern about the timeline of the planned expansion of the San Diego Convention Center, according to a report to be ... (03/12/2014)
- Research and Markets: 2011 US Convention & Trade Show Organizers Industry Report - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8ae438/2011_u_s_conventi) has announced the addition of the "2011 US Convention & Trade Show Organizers Industry Report" report to their offering. The US Convention ... (02/15/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $71,558,883 on Convention & Trade Show Organizers. It has awarded 1,256 contracts to 216 companies, with an average value of $331,291 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Convention & Trade Show Organizers to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Public Relations Services
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Convention & Trade Show Organizers||Opportunity/Threat|
|Public Relations Agencies|
|Advertising Agencies||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Public Relations Services are less than those from Convention & Trade Show Organizers. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Public Relations Services sales, taking market share from this industry.
Public Relations Services Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Trade fair organizers, Trade show organizers, Managers, convention, Convention promoters, Home show organizers, Automobile show managers, Craft fair organizers, Convention managers, Promoters of trade fairs or shows with or without facilities, Trade fair managers, Trade fair promoters, Flower show organizers, Convention services, Craft fair managers, Promoters of conventions with or without facilities, Convention organizers, Trade show managers, Home show promoters, Home show managers, Craft fair promoters, Automobile show promoters, Trade show promoters, Flower show promoters, Automobile show organizers, trade fair or show, Flower show managers, etc.