Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying
Overview of the U.S. Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Illegal quarries turn into death traps for workers - Thanks to the nexus among tehsil officials, local police and owners, black stone quarry blasting and mining have claimed lives of many ... of Aruha Utumara village. He was crushed to death after a huge boulder fell on him on Thursday afternoon. (11/24/2017)
- Blast inside stone quarry kills 4 in India - "Blast inside a stone quarry at Gaurhari village today killed four labourers and critically injured one," a police official said. "The labourers were crushed under the debris ... Blasts inside stone quaries is part of mining process and ahead of it ... (05/27/2016)
- Gambia: Young Man Killed in Quarry - Bubacarr Manneh, a 22-year-old native of Aljamdou village, Upper Nuimi District, suddenly lost his life at a stone-mining ... and the legs broken. It was his two other brothers - all three are of the same mother and were all at the quarry at the time ... (01/22/2016)
- Bigger buffer sought around proposed Lexington County quarry - Vulcan Materials Co. is preparing to open a quarry on a 520-acre site along Stutman Road midway between Batesburg-Leesville and Gilbert as soon as 2017. It would produce crushed stone used mainly ... saying modern mining techniques minimize problems. (08/02/2015)
- Canadian company mines sandstone from Potsdam quarry - Mr. Otis said this is the first year the stone has been mined at the quarry, for which it obtained a state mining permit. On Wednesday, stone already extracted and crushed was loaded into what Mr. Otis described as a power screen and wash plant ... (10/30/2014)
- Plans by Grand Forks company for quarry near western Minnesota refuge draws opponents - granite bedrock accessible in an economical way for mining. This site is also adjacent to a Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad line, a major factor in the decision to develop the site, according to LaFond. Strata intends to develop the quarry in three ... (02/16/2012)
- Crushed Stone sells land to Roxbury Latin for $21.8 million - The Roxbury Latin School purchased 47 acres of land from West Roxbury Crushed Stone ... the quarry. Lorusso said he expects the quarry to be open for the next 30 years at least. Quarry representatives have told Brennan that the quarry might stop mining ... (10/28/2008)
- Global Stone Mining and Quarrying Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The "Stone Mining and Quarrying Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been ... Markets Covered: Dimension Stone Mining, and Crushed Stone Mining. Time Series: Five years historic and forecast. Data: Market value in $ billions. Data Segmentations ... (03/20/2001)
- Elmhurst Stone Quarry Digs In Select Company - But there is another compelling reason for leaving the quarry alone. The Elmhurst quarry is one of only 16 major quarries still operating in the metropolitan Chicago area that provides high-quality crushed stone used ... measuring its mining life in ... (09/17/1990)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,507,422 on Crushed & Broken Granite Mining & Quarrying. It has awarded 21 contracts to 12 companies, with an average value of $125,619 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Granite beneficiating plants (e.g., grinding or pulverizing), Riprap, granite, mining or quarrying, preparation plants, Syenite (except nepheline) crushed and broken stone mining and/or beneficiating, Gneiss crushed and broken stone mining and/or beneficiating, Granite crushed and broken stone mining and/or beneficiating, Diorite crushed and broken stone mining and/or beneficiating, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.