Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins
Overview: the U.S. Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Plastics Material And Resin Manufacturing
Custom Compounding Of Purchased Resins
Custom Compounding Of Purchased Resins And Color Concentrates
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||34%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||12%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- January 2018 Business News - Clariant selected by Xuzhou HaiDing for new PDH unit in China December 8, 2017 — Clariant AG (Munich, Germany; www.clariant.com) will develop a custom-built ... definitive agreement to purchase a 50% stake in Quality Circular Polymers (QCP), a plastics ... (01/01/2018)
- Omni Plastics deal gives Celanese more compounding capacity - OmniTech family of custom-developed materials based on various resins, including PBT and ABS ... By 2016 Celanese had already begun compounding nylon with conductive plastics after its 2014 purchase of Cool Polymers Inc. In late 2014 It bought most ... (12/18/2017)
- 2016 Third Quarter ? Edition 3 - Its specialized product line-up of resin raw materials is now available in the North American market with local compounding in the U.S ... protect yourself against them too. OESA News - 2016 Third Quarter GUEST COLUMN MEXICO: AUTO SUPPLIERS NEEDED FOR ... (11/02/2016)
- Evonik : acquires Transferra Nanosciences Inc. - Evonik and Transferra Nanosciences, Inc., formerly known as Northern Lipids Inc., have signed an asset purchase agreement on June 21st ... a range of benchtop LIPEX® extruders, as well as custom-built LIPEX® extruders for large scale manufacture of ... (06/28/2016)
- Many Jefferson County employers have yet to file occupational tax data needed to calculate refunds (with list) - BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- More than 60 percent of Jefferson County businesses have not provided the data needed to calculate worker refunds for Jefferson County occupational taxes in 2009, a list posted online today by a special master shows. The special ... (08/05/2011)
- Products in the News - Â That led to our recent purchase of the Arburg unit. “ APS (Alliance Polymers and Services LLC ... new Zythane™ TPUs, TPE alloys, compounding services and custom and standard soft elastomer formulations. For further information on TPEs and services ... (09/17/2001)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,157,397 on Custom Compounding of Purchased Resins. It has awarded 65 contracts to 10 companies, with an average value of $215,740 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Plastics resins, custom compounding of purchased, Reformulating plastics resins from recycled plastics products, Custom compounding (i.e., blending and mixing) of purchased plastics resins, Plastics resins compounding from recycled materials, etc.