|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Computer Terminal And Other Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
All Other Miscellaneous Computer Peripheral (Input/Output) Equipment (Excluding Parts, Attachments, Accessories, And Digital Cam
Point-Of-Sale Terminals And Fund-Transfer Devices
Parts And Attachments For Point-Of-Sale Terminals And Fund-Transfer Devices
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Operations Specialties Managers||6%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||10%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||33%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||23%|
|Software Developers, Applications||9%|
|Software Developers, Systems Software||14%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||19%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||7%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||6%|
Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Whitewood Encryption Systems||3|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Gemini Lake laptops are coming - tablet, and desktop PC designs. Most of the models I’ve spotted so far are still equipped with Intel Atom Cherry Trail chips or Celeron and Pentium chips based on Intel’s Apollo Lake architecture. But some equipment manufacturers such as Foryou Digital ... (01/10/2018)
- CES: Dell introduces new XPS laptop with Vega graphics and new Inspiron/XPS desktops - It’s a mid-tower PC powered by Intel’s new 8th Gen processors. For graphics power, you can configure this system to feature up to a GTX 1080, so it can be compact and very powerful. Finally, the Inspiron 5680 is another Dell desktop. This unit can be ... (01/10/2018)
- Mini PC Review: ACEPC AK1, Beelink BT3 Pro and MINIX NEO Z83-4 Pro recommended by Mini PC News - PC Sticks and Tablet PCs products including other electronics gadgets, tech knockoffs, and everything else. We provide the latest trending news from the global tech industry, but not just just Mini PCs. ACEPC specializes in manufacturing and developing ... (01/09/2018)
- Dell’s Customizable Inspiron Gaming Desktop Ups Its Game - Dell is looking to take a hand in every part of your desktop PC gaming ... you control your game library, PC lighting, and overclocking from a single dashboard. Although Dell is one of the world’s most prolific PC manufacturers, its status in the gaming ... (01/09/2018)
- Newegg releases 2017 Black Friday ad with laptop, desktop PC, tablet deals - As you might expect, these include desktops and laptops spanning a wide range of price, with a couple of tablet deals sprinkled in (and plenty of component deals, if you are more of a build-your-own-PC type ... Two other gaming desktop specials under ... (11/12/2017)
- Laptop vs Tablet: Which one is best for you? - Laptop vs tablet: Which ... on which tablet you’re thinking about buying. The Surface Pro 4 and iPad Pro are both designed as laptop replacements, with Apple going so far as to say that their high-end slate will replace your desktop computer. (02/19/2016)
- Turn a Windows 8 Tablet Into a Desktop PC - ... Surface try to bridge the gap between tablet and laptop, but if you prefer a larger desktop setup, you can create one with the right peripherals. Chris Hoffman details some of the tricks you can use over at PC World, and it's a bit trickier than you ... (05/16/2014)
- CES 2013: How tablets are changing desktop computers - This week at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, we have reported on personal computer makers' attempts to reinvent the laptop. The wild popularity of tablets has stymied ... Sales of desktop computers are also declining. (01/10/2013)
- Tablet PCs to spell doom for desktops, laptops? - Tablet PC will ... year by the Manufacturers Association of Information Technology, the apex body representing India's IT hardware, laptops, including netbooks, sales have triple from 850,860 in 2006-07 to 2,508,564 units in 2009-10, while Desktop sales ... (09/01/2011)
- Can tablets replace laptops and desktops in enterprise? - Tablet computers will one day completely replace laptops as the standard-issue workplace computer — at least, if some of the top tablet and phone manufacturers in the ... friendly mobile-app version of their desktop software. Many companies have already ... (03/23/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $181,310,194 on Desktop, Laptop & Tablet Computer Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,565 contracts to 823 companies, with an average value of $220,304 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Keyboards, computer peripheral equipment, manufacturing, Automatic teller machines (ATM) manufacturing, Magnetic ink recognition devices, Funds transfer devices manufacturing, Plotters, computer, Printers, Lottery ticket sales terminal manufacturing, Biometrics system input device (e.g., retinal scan, iris pattern recognition, hand geometry) manufacturing, Joystick devices manufacturing, Computer terminals manufacturing, Mouse devices, Terminals, Point of sale terminals manufacturing, Optical readers and scanners manufacturing, Computer input/output equipment manufacturing, Flat panel displays (i.e., complete units), ATMs (automatic teller machines) manufacturing, Input/output equipment, Monitors, Pointing devices, Overhead projectors, computer peripheral-type, Teleprinters (i.e., computer terminals) manufacturing, etc.