|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Sanitary Paper Product Manufacturing
Sanitary Paper Product Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
All Other Converted Paper Product Manufacturing
Miscellaneous Converted Paper And Paperboard Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||40%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||29%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Select Products Holdings|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Why Engineers Are Taking Sanitary Napkins Seriously - If you’re thinking of clean cookstoves guess again, the topic is sanitary napkins ... t afford pads, causing infections and painful sores more than once. Caro Muhonja…says she often has to use cotton and scraps of fabric because sanitary products ... (12/11/2017)
- Petition in NGT asks makers of sanitary napkins and diapers to provide disposal pouches - According to them, a woman uses between 8,000 and 15,000 disposable pads, tampons and liners in her lifetime. However, it generates tonnes of sanitary waste in form of used products that ... Download The Times of India news app for your device. (11/16/2017)
- NGT to hear case against sanitary napkin manufacturers - The western bench of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) would be hearing an environment interest litigation (EIL) filed by three women complaining against manufacturers of sanitary napkins and diapers for ... and 15,000 disposable pads, tampons and liners ... (11/16/2017)
- Period crusaders make red go green - Of the 160 tonne of garbage produced on a daily basis in the city, 90 tonne is sanitary waste, primarily sanitary napkins and diapers ... inter-labia pads (Rs 295). The revolution in the industry of sustainable menstrual hygiene products could be traced ... (08/26/2017)
- World Environment Day: Here’s how disposable sanitary napkins mess up health and hygiene - estimated that over a billion of these non compostable pads are being dumped in landfills and sewerage systems. Most women in big cities and towns go for commercial disposable sanitary napkins (DSN) not knowing that some of these products pose health ... (06/05/2017)
- Tampons, diapers exempt from sales tax under Louisiana lawmaker's proposal - JP Morrell, D-New Orleans, is looking to exempt diapers, tampons and other feminine hygiene products from ... being applied to cloth and disposable diapers size 7 and smaller, as well as tampons, menstrual pads, sanitary napkins, pantiliners, menstrual ... (03/23/2017)
- Forget the mug. Toilet paper is on a roll in India - The hygiene segment typically includes products such as cotton buds, diapers, wipes and sanitary protection, while the tissue category covers kitchen towels, facial tissues, and toilet paper ... sanitary pads are increasingly favoured, thanks to the ... (04/11/2016)
- Why are we pretending that there isn’t a growing mountain of menstrual waste we need to deal with? - A month ago, a soiled sanitary napkin ... sanitary pads are not just a product, but a tool to create awareness about issues of menstrual health, which are taboo in this country. Unlike multinationals, which are manufacturing non-biodegradable disposable ... (01/09/2015)
- An uncomfortable but scary truth - It is the disposal of our sanitary waste: used feminine hygiene products and used disposable diapers ... Therefore, at every stage of manufacturing and use, disposables like diapers and sanitary napkins use up precious resources like crude oil and trees ... (04/12/2013)
- Ethiopia: Despite Dapping Demand, Diaper Market Absorbs No Investment - local companies are not manufacturing diapers. The production of diapers requires a large investment, but the return is low, says a manager at Alemgenet Paper Products Factory. The factory that manufactures tissues and napkins also produces sanitary pad ... (08/15/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,196,970 on Diapers, Sanitary Napkins & Pads, Disposable Sanitary Products Manufacturing. It has awarded 215 contracts to 44 companies, with an average value of $118,113 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Diapers, disposable, made from purchased paper or textile fiber, Sanitary napkins and tampons made from purchased paper or textile fiber, Paper napkins and tablecloths made from purchased paper, Facial tissues made from purchased paper, Sanitary products made from purchased sanitary paper stock, Pads, incontinent and bed, manufacturing, Tablecloths, paper, made from purchased paper, Napkins, table, Paper towels made from purchased paper, Towels, Handkerchiefs, Toilet paper made from purchased paper, etc.