|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying
Overview of the U.S. Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global Stone Mining and Quarrying Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The "Stone Mining and Quarrying Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been ... monitoring and providing information from hazardous locations. Scope: Markets Covered: Dimension Stone Mining, and Crushed Stone Mining. Time Series: Five years historic ... (01/03/2018)
- Association applying changes to expand representation - Owing to it being approached by various other opencast mining and quarrying companies and bodies ... Industries such as salt, dimension stone, clay brick and others require the services that Aspasa provides, Pienaar notes, adding that provision is being ... (06/22/2017)
- B.C.’s 2016 jade mining season starts on a high note - Jade is the toughest natural stone in the ... its three to four-month mining season early with plans to increase production by 50 per cent. Jade extraction is among the least invasive mining methods in general. It is more like quarrying and the use of ... (04/19/2016)
- Ethiopia: Granite Factory Begins Operations With Half Billion BR Investment - Its owner, Ayiga Trade & Industry Plc, invested 400 million Br for quarrying ... Among these, National Mining Corporation has the largest share with annual production of 250,000sqm, and Saba Dimension Stone Factory Plc, producing 180,000sqm of the ... (03/01/2016)
- Quarry opponents mark 5th year in fight as plans proceed - and dimension stone/crushed stone mining. The first water quality permit application to the DNR remains under review within the department, according to a department spokesman. Linda Cosgrove, who has been leading the opposition to the quarry along with ... (02/23/2015)
- Buechel Stone seeks special-use permit for new quarry - The site of a new quarry being proposed by Buechel Stone Corp. lies within an agricultural protection area and special approval is needed for a non-metallic mining permit ... crushed stone for road construction, dimension stone, and industrial sand. (11/15/2014)
- Rock Quarries Seen as Growth Industry - Paul Chambers' quarry at the base of the Cabinet Mountains ... Bill Valentine of the American Institute of Architects. "In general, stone fills that bill." Robin McCulloch, research mining engineer at the Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology in Butte ... (06/02/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,261,788 on Dimension Stone Mining & Quarrying. It has awarded 50 contracts to 20 companies, with an average value of $63,089 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Schist, mica, mining or quarrying, Calcareous tufa mining or quarrying, Bluestone mining or quarrying, Slate mining or quarrying, Volcanic rock, Trap rock mining or quarrying, Dolomite mining or quarrying, Verde' antique mining or quarrying, Serpentine mining or quarrying, Quartzite dimension stone mining or quarrying, Gneiss mining or quarrying, Mica schist mining or quarrying, Greenstone mining or quarrying, Limestone mining or quarrying, Granite mining or quarrying, Onyx marble mining or quarrying, Dolomitic marble mining or quarrying, Travertine mining or quarrying, Flagstone mining or quarrying, Stone, dimension, Gabbro mining or quarrying, Marble mining or quarrying, Basalt mining or quarrying, Syenite (except nepheline) mining or quarrying, Diorite mining or quarrying, Argillite mining or quarrying, Tufa, calcareous, Sandstone mining or quarrying, Dimension stone mining or quarrying, Diabase mining or quarrying, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.