|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Document Preparation Services
Overview: the U.S. Document Preparation Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Document Preparation Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Document Preparation Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Document Preparation Services (Include Editing, Proofreading, Layout, Desktop Publishing.)
Typing Services (Include Transcription Services.)
Other Printing Services
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Document Preparation Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Document Preparation Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Document Preparation Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||23%|
|Other Sales and Related Workers||16%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||60%|
|Bill and Account Collectors||11%|
|Bill and Account Collectors||11%|
|Information and Record Clerks||31%|
|Customer Service Representatives||29%|
|Customer Service Representatives||29%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||8%|
Document Preparation Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Russians have been interfering politically for decades — here's why it was so successful in 2016 - and a lack of preparation on the part of the U.S. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Funny, that. The Soviet and Russian intelligence services have been doing exactly the same thing ... (01/11/2018)
- Freeborn County Joins Opioid Litigation - "There may be some in-kind services like staff time, document preparation information in regards to the number of people we're seeing affected by or addicted to opioids," Freeborn County Administrator Tom Jensen said. “Because you have a back surgery or ... (01/11/2018)
- Tax law has changed, and so has tax advice - which has moved everything from shopping to financial services online. People still want individualized attention from experts, and now they can get it from the comfort of their own home. No more carrying boxes of documents, forms and information to a tax ... (01/10/2018)
- The Pros And Cons Of Using Freelance Attorneys: Perspectives From A Hands-On User - What Every Lawyer and Firm Needs to Know About Temporary Legal Services first published in 1994. Likewise, process outsourcing — generally overseas — for ongoing document review or preparation of bankruptcy, immigration forms or patent applications ... (01/09/2018)
- We The People Document Preparation Services To Reopen a Branch in Torrance, CA -- We The People - (MENAFN Editorial) We The People is very excited about reopening our We The People Document Preparation services branch in Torrance, CA. Expected Grand Opening Day is March 1, 2018 wtp_tag_cmykSm modified linkedin LANCASTER, Calif. - Jan. 6, 2018 - -- We ... (01/08/2018)
- CREDIT CARD PROCESSORS FOR DOCUMENT PREPARATION SERVICES BUSINESS MERCHANT STRONGHOLD - If you are offering document preparation services, then you know how much important it is for your business to accept credit cards online. For any small or large scale business the hardest part is to choose the correct credit card processor that fits the ... (12/25/2017)
- Ameritech Financial Offers Document Preparation Services - EL DORADO HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / September 6, 2016 / Student Loan Debt Specialist, Ameritech Financial assists students in preparing for the reality of student loan debt in their post-graduate years with loan repayment reconfiguration and document ... (09/06/2016)
- International Document Services Modifies Mortgage Document Preparation Software to Accommodate FHA MI Hike [California Newswire] - SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, June 5, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- International Document Services (IDS), a mortgage document preparation vendor, has revised its flagship mortgage document preparation system, idsDoc, to reflect the Federal Housing Administration ... (06/07/2012)
- New National Wholesale Lender, StoneWater Mortgage, Selects Guardian Mortgage Documents to Provide Automated Document Preparation Services - DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new national wholesale lender, StoneWater Mortgage, is introducing a new footprint to the mortgage industry and has selected Guardian Mortgage Documents (GMD) as its partner for providing an automated document preparation system ... (06/09/2008)
- Palm Beach County - The firm provides legal document preparation services to people who are representing themselves in uncontested legal matters, such as divorce or bankruptcy. Palm Beach Power was recently sanctioned as an authorized maintenance dealer for the DDC Series 60 ... (10/29/2001)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $44,614,959 on Document Preparation Services. It has awarded 961 contracts to 194 companies, with an average value of $229,974 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Document Preparation Services to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Document Preparation Services||Opportunity/Threat|
|Graphic Design Services|
|Business Service Centers|
|Magazine & Periodical Publishers|
|Book Publishers||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Printing Services are less than those from Document Preparation Services. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Printing Services sales, taking market share from this industry.
Printing Services Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Editing services, Desktop publishing services (I.e. document preparation service), Secretarial services, Proofreading services, Radio transcription services, Transcription services, Document preparation services, Word processing services, Dictation services, Letter writing services, Typing services, Resume writing services, Stenographic services (except court or stenographic reporting), Document transcription services, etc.