|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Drilling Oil & Gas Wells
Overview: the U.S. Drilling Oil & Gas Wells Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Drilling Oil & Gas Wells:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Drilling Oil & Gas Wells Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Drilling Oil & Gas Wells companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Drilling Oil & Gas Wells company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Drilling Oil & Gas Wells industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Drilling Oil & Gas Wells measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||51%|
|Construction Trades Workers||6%|
|Derrick, Rotary Drill, and Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining||21%|
|Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining||12%|
|Roustabouts, Oil and Gas||13%|
|Roustabouts, Oil and Gas||13%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Drilling Oil & Gas Wells Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Plan for 140 oil, gas wells would develop all of Crestone Peak’s eastern Boulder County assets - ... easement that is being proposed as an oil drilling site by Denver-based Crestone Peak Resources.
If Crestone Peak Resources is allowed by state regulators to drill oil and gas wells near U.S. 287 and Colorado 52 in eastern Boulder County, the ... (01/12/2018)
- Trump moves to expand oil and gas exploration off U.S. coasts - The new five-year drilling plan also could open new areas of oil and gas exploration in areas off the East Coast ... massive valve-like devices designed to prevent spills from wells on the ocean floor. The preventer used by BP failed. (01/04/2018)
- Italy's Eni begins drilling oil well in Alaska's Beaufort Sea - BSEE - ... that Italian oil producer Eni this week began drilling a new well in US waters off the north coast of Alaska, becoming the first company to do so since 2015, federal regulators said. The oil and gas firm is working from an artificial island in the ... (01/02/2018)
- Crestone publishes third Boulder County oil and gas drilling proposal - This particular proposal sites roughly 140 wells on Boulder County open space. Before drilling can begin, Crestone must receive approval from the Colorado Oil and Gas Commission, and it must undergo an extensive review by the Boulder County planning ... (12/30/2017)
- Learning Too Late of the Perils in Gas Well Leases - Under federal law, oil and gas companies must offer investors and federal regulators ... a clause requiring drillers to pay for a test of the property’s well water before drilling started, and landowners often do not think to do the tests themselves. (10/28/2017)
- Drilling Begins! Zion Oil & Gas Spuds Megiddo-Jezreel #1 Well - DALLAS, and CAESAREA, Israel, June 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Zion Oil & Gas, Inc. (ZN) announces it has spud (started to drill) the Megiddo-Jezreel #1 – a deep, onshore well located in Israel's Jezreel Valley. "It has been a complicated and difficult multi ... (06/05/2017)
- Oil And Gas Drilling Is Consuming Millions Of Acres Of US Farmland: Study - As oil and gas drilling ramps up in the central U.S. and Canada, the region is losing an increasing amount of cropland, ranches and forests to industrial activities. In recent years, huge swaths of the Great Plains have given way to well sites, oil pads ... (04/24/2015)
- More than 5 million in state live near oil or gas well, report says - More than 5 million Californians — most of them in Los Angeles and Kern counties — live near an oil or gas well, and expanding drilling in the state could increase their exposure to health risks, according to a report released Wednesday by a national ... (10/22/2014)
- Petrotech Oil and Gas announces 18 well oil drilling program - PetroTech Oil and Gas Inc. (PTOG) (the "Company" or Petrotech") today announces the current Brown has recently been revaluated by a geologist that specializes in the Nowata, Oklahoma area and the company has initiated an expansion of the original ... (01/24/2014)
- As fracking debate heats up, Broadview Heights already shows strains of oil, gas well drilling - A well in neighboring North Royalton sprung an oil leak in 2011, spilling 200 gallons of crude into Chippewa Creek. North Royalton and Broadview Heights have also in recent years dealt with gas leaking into the air. "There's no monitoring of any of these ... (06/11/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $249,111 on Drilling Oil & Gas Wells. It has awarded 19 contracts to 11 companies, with an average value of $22,646 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Drilling water intake wells, oil and gas field on a contract basis, Drilling directional oil and gas field wells on a contract basis, Oil and gas well drilling services (redrilling, spudding, tailing) on a contract basis, Drilling for oil on a contract basis, Drilling oil and gas field service wells on a contract basis, Spudding in oil and gas wells on a contract basis, Directional drilling of oil and gas wells on a contract basis, Drilling gas and oil field wells on a contract basis, Reconditioning oil and gas field wells on a contract basis, Reworking oil and gas wells on a contract basis, Drilling for gas on a contract basis, Tailing in oil and gas field wells on a contract basis, Oil well drilling on a contract basis, Gas well drilling on a contract basis, Well drilling (i.e., oil, gas, water intake wells) on a contract basis, Workover of oil and gas wells on a contract basis, Water intake well drilling, Service well drilling on a contract basis, etc.