|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control
Overview: the U.S. Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electric Power Transmission
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||15%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||14%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers||11%|
|Power Plant Operators||8%|
Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Power Electronics Market Estimated To Perceive Highest Value with a Growing CAGR and Statistics Values by 2027 - The growing advancement in electronics industry has shown positive impact on the growth of electronic devices such as electrical power system ... generation & transmission control and power supplies for laboratories among others. According to Market ... (01/12/2018)
- Stakeholders Raise Hope For A Viable Power Sector In 2018 - Speaking at the event hosted by Geregu 1 power plant in Kogi State which closed the year 2017, Fashola stated that more electric power is expected ... The Minister who acknowledged the effort of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) for increasing ... (01/11/2018)
- Viewpoint: Competitive electricity markets have transformed New England’s power grid - When competition was introduced into the region’s electricity industry 20 years ago, it was designed to breathe life into a monopolistic system marked by lagging investment in transmission ... The result has been wholesale power prices that accurately ... (01/10/2018)
- Rejection of subsidies for coal and nuclear power is a win for fact-based policymaking - Recognizing this, FERC’s order included a new study of the resilience of the “bulk power system” – the part of the electric grid that includes generation and transmission facilities, which are interconnected across regions. If this system is ... (01/10/2018)
- Bid to expand Texas power grid fuels angst among big electric users - But a price tag potentially in the hundreds of millions of dollars to move the bulk of Lubbock’s electricity demand from its existing grid, called the Southwest Power Pool, and connect it to ERCOT through new transmission lines is raising concerns ... (01/05/2018)
- A little more than 300 without power, many more restored - PSEG reported that 1,568 customers had no power as of a little before noon on Friday, due to 91 outages with the bulk of those ... s vice president of transmission and distribution, said Wednesday night. “While we can’t control mother nature, we ... (01/05/2018)
- Powering N.J.: PJM control center in Pennsylvania governs electric transmission in 13 states - When the thermometer goes to 90, high-level safety procedures kick in to prevent transmission lines from overloading and power generators ... and the auctioneer for the wholesale electric market that supplies it. The PJM control center in Valley Forge ... (06/27/2010)
- ArcSight Introduces New Protection Suite for NERC CIP Compliance to Safeguard Critical Electric Utility Control Systems, Power Generation Plants and Transmission Infrastructure - The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) mission is to ensure the reliability of the bulk power system in North ... are using ArcSight products to secure their power generation and transmission infrastructure against growing global ... (04/14/2009)
- Power Transmission Without the Power Electronics - This costly problem inspired engineers at General Electric Co.'s Atlanta-based GE Energy division to go back to the future and create a new semiconductor-free-power control device ... probably provide the bulk of that new transmission capacity, Kidd ... (11/01/2007)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $32,348,745 on Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control. It has awarded 216 contracts to 57 companies, with an average value of $567,522 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Electric Power Transmission
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control||Opportunity/Threat|
|Electric Power Transmission, Control & Distribution|
|Electric Power Distribution||Competing industry|
|Electric Power Generation||Competing industry|
|Fossil Fuel Electric Power Generation||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Electric Power Transmission are less than those from Electric Bulk Power Transmission & Control. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Electric Power Transmission sales, taking market share from this industry.
Electric Power Transmission Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Transmission of electric power, Electric power control, Electric power transmission systems, etc.