Electrical Equipment Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Electrical Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Electrical Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Electrical Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Electrical Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Electrical Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Electrical Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Electrical Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Electrical Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||33%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||21%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||14%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Electrical Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories||214|
|Electro Scientific Industries||210|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Research focused on the electric vehicle service equipment market forecast 2018-2023 - Other minor areas are additionally specified in the report. The next segment of the report Electric Vehicle Service Equipment provides a framework for the technical data and manufacturing data. Additionally adding to the investigation, the study likewise ... (01/10/2018)
- Despite Apapa gridlock, manufacturers’ purchasing level expands - primary metal and electrical equipment. At 63.2 points, the production level index for the manufacturing sector grew for the tenth consecutive month in December 2017. The index indicated an increase in production in the current month, when compared to its ... (01/10/2018)
- Terex Utilities Announces Comprehensive Electric Utility Contractor Solutions - “Our combined investments have created an expansive network with a footprint of 20 factories and final-stage manufacturing locations ... to support our customers with shorter lead times on new equipment, outstanding rental availability and the right ... (01/09/2018)
- Branford Castle Fund Buys Vitrek, LLC A Leading Maker of Electrical Test Equipment - Vitrek has significant market share in the United States, with most of its competitors manufacturing ... brands in the electrical, electronics, medical, cable, power, lighting and consumer appliance sectors. "Customers use our equipment to test their ... (01/09/2018)
- Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers (AGEM) Releases December 2017 Index - The Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers (AGEM) produces the monthly AGEM Index ... Visualplanet, Wells Fargo, Young Electric Sign Company (YESCO) and Zebra Technologies Markets Insider and Business Insider Editorial Teams were not involved ... (01/09/2018)
- 5 Fidelity Funds To Buy On Phenomenal Manufacturing Data - Some of these industries include: Machinery; Primary Metals; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Fabricated Metal Products; Chemical Products; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components; Transportation Equipment; and Petroleum ... (01/05/2018)
- ISM reports strong finish for manufacturing in 2017 - Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components. Two industries reported contraction ... (01/04/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Index Sustains Expansion for Nine Months - primary metal and electrical equipment. However, the computer and electronic product sector contracted in the review month. On the other hand, at 63.2 points, the production level index for the manufacturing sector grew for the tenth consecutive month in ... (01/04/2018)
- 5 Key Projections on Heavy Equipment Lamps Market for Forecast Period 2017 - 2026 - there has been a growth in the demand for lighting accessories that can be mounted on the equipment and can run on its own electrical system. The manufacturers of heavy equipment lamps are focusing on providing lighting depending on the use of equipment ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $423,605,596 on Electrical Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 5,127 contracts to 1,589 companies, with an average value of $266,586 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.