Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||18%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||16%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||12%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||33%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||13%|
|Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||11%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||7%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|United States Steel||212|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- After 6% rise in Jan, steel mills see room for more price hikes next month - steel mills plan to do so by another Rs 2,500-3,000 a tonne in February, to bridge the gap between domestically produced and landed cost of imported steel, besides other cost pressures. Government-owned NMDC raised iron ore prices this month by 19-22 per ... (01/12/2018)
- Commerce Department submits Steel Section 232 report to president - Trump the results of the department’s investigation into the effect of steel mill product imports on U.S. national security ... Gibson, president and CEO of the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI), Washington, issued the following statement ... (01/12/2018)
- Toledo Plan Commission gives OK to iron-processing plant - The plant will refine iron ore into hot-briquetted iron, a raw material used by electric-arc steel mills to produce steel. Cliffs officials said when they announced the project last summer that they expected to break ground early this year and begin ... (01/12/2018)
- November steel shipments up 10.3 percent - according to the American Iron and Steel Institute. Shipments of hot rolled sheets declined by 3 percent while hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip dropped by 4 percent. Through the end of November, domestic steel mills shipped 83 million tons of metal ... (01/11/2018)
- Iron ore is ripping higher as China clamps down on steel production - Iron ore spot markets made it five gains on the trot on Monday ... The gains followed the release of new guidelines from Chinese regulators restricting the replacement of obsolete steel mill capacity. According to Reuters, China’s Industry and ... (01/08/2018)
- Australia forecasts 20 percent iron ore price drop in 2018 as China demand eases - Spot iron ore, currently around $75 a tonne ... China is in the process of closing ageing, high-polluting steel mills and induction furnaces to curb overcapacity in the sector. China’s President Xi Jinping said in October that fighting pollution was ... (01/08/2018)
- UPDATE 1-Chinese steel futures swing to gains as Beijing curbs new capacity - Iron ore on the Dalian Commodity Exchange was boosted by the steel gains, rising 3 percent to 555.5 yuan a tonne. The raw material was also buoyed by expectations that steel mills will pick up restocking of iron ore ahead of output recovery in March. (01/08/2018)
- Iron ore: Bullish 1H, hands in the air for 2H - Rising steel inventories and further increases in imported ore stockpiles at mills could portend lower prices for the raw material. Mills’ iron ore inventories an indicator Signs that iron ore prices may be getting closer to correcting include steel-mill ... (01/04/2018)
- Global Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The iron and steel mills and ferroalloy manufacturing industry includes companies carrying ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $18,114,205 on Electrometallurgical Ferroalloy Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 822 contracts to 157 companies, with an average value of $115,377 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Structural shapes, iron or steel, made in iron and steel mills, Ferroalloys manufacturing, Tool steel made in iron and steel mills, Billets, steel, Pilings, iron or steel plain sheet, Galvanizing metals and metal formed products made in iron and steel mills, Steel mills, Railroad crossings, Tinplate made in iron and steel mills, Blast furnaces, Iron sinter made in iron and steel mills, Coke oven products made in iron and steel mills, Stainless steel made in iron and steel mills, Tube, Ferromolybdenum manufacturing, Flakes, Silicomanganese ferroalloys manufacturing, Tubing, seamless steel, Ternes, long or short, Shell slugs, Steel, from pig iron, manufacturing, Blooms, Bars, concrete reinforcing (rebar) made in steel mills, iron, Skelp, Spiegeleisen ferroalloys manufacturing, Steel manufacturing, Molybdenum silicon ferroalloys manufacturing, Manganese metal ferroalloys manufacturing, Balls, Mesh, wire, Rail joints and fastenings made in iron and steel mills, Steel balls made in iron and steel mills, Steel mill products (e.g., bar, plate, rod, sheet, structural shapes) manufacturing, Wire products, Electrometallurgical steel manufacturing, Concrete reinforcing bar (rebar) made in iron and steel mills, Rails rerolled or renewed in iron and steel mills, Tie plates, Blackplate made in iron and steel mills, Fence posts, Hoops, galvanized, Tin-free steel made in iron and steel mills, wrought iron or steel, Strip, Frogs, Pig iron manufacturing, Ingot made in iron and steel mills, Nut rods, Superalloys, Hoops made in iron and steel mills, Hot-rolling iron or steel products in iron and steel mills, Wrought iron or steel pipe and tubing made in iron and steel mills, Direct reduction of iron ore, Sheets, Plate, Sheet pilings, plain, Mini-mills, Ferrovanadium manufacturing, Ferromanganese manufacturing, Ferrophosphorus manufacturing, Ferrotungsten manufacturing, Template, Iron, pig, Ferrochromium manufacturing, Car wheels, rolled steel, Axles, rolled or forged, Pipe, Sponge iron, Wheels, car and locomotive, High percentage nonferrous alloying elements (i.e., ferroalloys) manufacturing, Gun forgings made in iron and steel mills, Rails, Forgings, Slab, galvanized iron or steel, Paste, Armor plate made in iron and steel mills, Powder, Tube rounds, Rounds, tube, Well casings, Electrometallurgical ferroalloy manufacturing, Rods, Terneplate made in iron and steel mills, Flats, Spike rods made in iron and steel mills, Ferrotitanium manufacturing, Iron ore recovery from open hearth slag, Ferrosilicon manufacturing, etc.