|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Elementary & Secondary Schools
Overview: the U.S. Elementary & Secondary Schools Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Elementary & Secondary Schools:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Elementary & Secondary Schools company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Elementary & Secondary Schools industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Elementary & Secondary Schools measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||63%|
|Preschool, Primary, Secondary, and Special Education School Teachers||38%|
|Elementary and Middle School Teachers||17%|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||13%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||8%|
|Secondary School Teachers||12%|
|Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||10%|
|Special Education Teachers||6%|
|Other Teachers and Instructors||11%|
|Miscellaneous Teachers and Instructors||10%|
|Other Education, Training, and Library Occupations||13%|
|Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations||5%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||5%|
|Other Personal Care and Service Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
Elementary & Secondary Schools Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Education channel offers support to government school hit by teacher shortage - LUDHIANA: Six days after TOI reported that villagers and NRIs were paying the salaries of private teachers at Government Senior Secondary School Hambowal Bet near Machiwara because of acute shortage of staff, an educational channel which imparts education ... (01/12/2018)
- Greitens mum on education; school leaders left to 'wait and see' - and the changes in the state school board and the leadership of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Last year, despite limited talk of education, the governor backed lawmakers' plan to fund the K-12 formula fully for the first ... (01/12/2018)
- Knox Co. Board of Education changes 4 elementary school zones - Four Knox County elementary schools will have big changes to their student populations next school year. After holding multiple community meetings over the past few months, the Board of Education has changed the neighborhoods the four schools serve. (01/11/2018)
- Education Department makes school hours uniform - The unit test of the elementary, secondary and higher secondary schools is to be held according to the convenience within the specified time frame as notified in the academic calendar. It is also mentioned in the academic calendar that the students from ... (01/11/2018)
- State Education Department Reviewing Revere Schools this Week - The state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is doing a full review of the Revere Public School District this week – an exercise that happens about once every 10 years. Supt. Dianne Kelly said a seven-person team will be visiting the ... (01/10/2018)
- Public schools groups tout suite of bills promoting early childhood, special education - Advocates of public education touted a slew of bills being pushed by state senators Monday, saying the programs would be an investment in the state's future economy and workforce. A total of nine bills were highlighted by Stand for Schools during a news ... (01/08/2018)
- Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, Minister of Education, Youth and Information Back to School National Broadcast - That means depending on the school population that some institutions have a higher per capita of $119,000 while others saw $176,994 per capita at the secondary level ... strategies with workshops and public education programmes for teachers and parents. (01/08/2018)
- Regular Meeting Board of Education Independent School District #300 December - Secondary School Principal, Josh Mallicoat, 5-12 Assistant Principal/Activities Director and Jeff Copp, Elementary Principal Donations accepted from: American Legion Post 595 of $1839.50 to be used towards purchase of a laminator. 300 for 300 campaign ... (01/06/2018)
- Broken Water Pipe Causes Flooding at Moricetown Elementary Secondary School - A broken four-inch pipe feeding the sprinkler system is being blamed for school-wide flooding which has forced the temporary closure of Moricetown Elementary/Secondary School. A news release from the Kyah Wiget Education Society says it appears the pipe ... (01/06/2018)
- Trussville City Schools name Elementary, Secondary Bus Drivers of Year - David Black at Paine Elementary was named the Elementary Bus Driver of the Year, while Sheila Murray at Hewitt-Trussville Middle School was named Secondary Bus Driver of the Year. Murray has been a bus driver since 1982, while Black started in 2011. (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $46,976,201 on Elementary & Secondary Schools. It has awarded 112 contracts to 55 companies, with an average value of $854,113 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|