Emergency Relief Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Emergency Relief Services
Overview: the U.S. Emergency Relief Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Emergency Relief Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Emergency Relief Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Emergency Relief Services
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Government
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private
Investment Income, Including Interest And Dividends
All Other Revenue
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Emergency Relief Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Emergency Relief Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Emergency Relief Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Other Management Occupations||6%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Community and Social Service Occupations||30%|
|Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Community and Social Service Specialists||30%|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Community and Social Service Specialists||17%|
|Social and Human Service Assistants||13%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||6%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||9%|
|Other Personal Care and Service Workers||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Emergency Relief Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|International Orthodox Christian Charities|
|National Organization For Victim Assistance|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Community Raises $28K For Griggs Farm Fire Relief; 1 Week Left - Gifts to the Griggs Farm Fire Relief Fund increase PCH's limited emergency resources ... PCH is working with other community organizations and the Human Services Department of the municipality of Princeton to identify local places where the displaced ... (01/16/2018)
- Hawaii Emergency Alert System: Who is the General now in charge? - Hara, currently serving as the Deputy Adjutant General of the State of Hawaii, Department of Defense in examining procedures in place for the Emergency Alert System ... response, and relief for emergencies, damages, losses, and suffering, and to protect ... (01/16/2018)
- UNRWA Dismantling Services in 13 Jordanian Camps as US Withholding Contributions - The entrance to an UNRWA camp, adorned by the symbolic key promising The Right of Return to Israel The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine ... UNRWA staff have been reducing services, and plan a January 21 sit-in in front of the US Embassy ... (01/16/2018)
- As cold front looms, emergency shelters open - The Salvation Army in Jacksonville opens the cold night shelter when overnight lows dip below 42 degrees, providing protection and relief to homeless men ... “We will not turn anyone away," Manager of Emergency Services Jaime Davis said. (01/13/2018)
- More Than Just 911: Your Phone In An Emergency - And, that comes as a huge relief and comfort. In truth ... way our phones now help us in an emergency is through GPS tracking. In days of old, the emergency services had no real way of tracking where you were unless you told them. Either that or they ... (01/12/2018)
- County launches program for low to no cost emergency dental services - and make referrals to other health care services. Michael, a REACH PLUS participant, said, “I was provided with emergency relief and it helped me resume my normal work routine and get off pain medication. Great program by Department of Health! (01/10/2018)
- Woolpert Awarded Part of $610M FEMA Contract to Support Disaster Relief - indefinite quantity Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC) IV, which has a ceiling value of $610 million. Serco Inc., the prime contractor, is a professional, technology and management services ... (01/09/2018)
- Puerto Rico makeshift medical clinic remains in ‘emergency state’ after Hurricane Maria - the needs of the residents were so great after the hurricane that the mayor asked Iniciativa Comunitaria to expand their services. “After Maria, every single medical office, emergency rooms, collapsed at the same time — so there were a lot of people in ... (01/08/2018)
- Eversheds Sutherland Launches Employee Relief Fund - "When a colleague experiences a personal crisis or emergency and has nowhere else ... and supporting its own pro bono legal services program. To learn more about the Eversheds Sutherland Employee Relief Fund or Eversheds Sutherland's pro bono and corporate ... (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $267,087,286 on Emergency Relief Services. It has awarded 219 contracts to 67 companies, with an average value of $3,986,377 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Emergency Relief Services to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Training Services Related To Social Assistance
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Emergency Relief Services||Opportunity/Threat|
|Child Welfare Services||Competing industry|
|Community Housing Services||Competing industry|
|Services for the Elderly & Persons with Disabilities||Competing industry|
|Temporary Shelters||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Training Services Related To Social Assistance are less than those from Emergency Relief Services. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Training Services Related To Social Assistance sales, taking market share from this industry.
Training Services Related To Social Assistance Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Emergency relief services, Relief services, disaster, Shelters for victims of domestic or international disasters or conflicts, emergency, Disaster relief services, Immigrant resettlement services, Emergency shelters for victims of domestic or international disasters or conflicts, Refugee settlement services, etc.