|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||15%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Progress Rail Locomotive||294|
|Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group||292|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- CEAA starts assessments of two proposed Innergex hydro projects in Alberta - CALGARY—The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency says it will look at the potential impacts of two renewable power projects that Innergex Renewable ... of the flow of the river through a tunnel and turbine, require spillways to increase the water ... (01/11/2018)
- Mobil Jet Oil 387 approved for Pratt & Whitney engines - PW1900G engines are designed to exclusively power ... manufacturers in a wide range of models and components. Along with Mobil Jet Oil 387, both Mobil Jet Oil II and Mobil Jet Oil 254 are also approved for use in PW1900G models. All Mobil Jet turbine ... (01/10/2018)
- Mobil Jet Oil 387 Now Approved for Pratt & Whitney PurePower Geared Turbofan PW1900G Engines - PW1900G engines are designed to exclusively power ... manufacturers in a wide range of models and components. Along with Mobil Jet Oil 387, both Mobil Jet Oil II and Mobil Jet Oil 254 are also approved for use in PW1900G models. All Mobil Jet turbine ... (01/09/2018)
- Cooperative Energy selects new Wärtsilä 31SG engine technology for power generation in the USA - The new Wärtsilä 31SG engine solution will provide the required flexibility for renewable integration. The plant will replace an existing gas turbine power plant ... Wärtsilä Energy Solutions. The equipment will be delivered to the site in 2018 ... (01/08/2018)
- Global Engine, Turbine And Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The "Engine, Turbine And Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. Engine, Turbine, And Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Global Briefing ... (07/12/2017)
- U.S. Manufacturing Has a Key Role in the U. S. Economy of the Future - Apart from the somewhat perplexing irony of a former auto czar and captain of Wall Street throwing in the towel on manufacturing ... mining equipment, industrial machinery, basic chemicals, paper, and engines, turbines and power transmission equipment. (10/19/2011)
- Research and Markets: A 2011 Report on the Turbine and Turbine Generator Set Units Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - This 6-digit NAICS industry (333611) is under the hierarchy of Engine, Turbine, and Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry (33361), Machinery Manufacturing Subsector (333), and the Manufacturing Sector (31-33). Its SIC equivalent code is ... (06/16/2011)
- What Manufacturers Expect in 2011 - followed by engine, turbine and power transmission equipment with 16 percent growth. Overall, manufacturers "are optimistic about their organizations' prospects as they consider the first half of 2011, and they are even more positive about the second half ... (01/05/2011)
- American Superconductor sells voltage regulation system to wind turbine manufacturer - Jan. 14, 2003 -- American Superconductor Corp. Tuesday announced the sale of a 1 mega-VAR (MVAR) D-VAR™ voltage regulation system to wind turbine ... power infrastructure. American Superconductor's products, and those sold by electrical equipment ... (01/14/2003)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $331,229,441 on Engine, Turbine & Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 5,539 contracts to 1,089 companies, with an average value of $304,159 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|