Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Executive Search Services
Overview of the U.S. Executive Search Services IndustryIn a rebounding global economy, companies are rushing to fill specialized executive level positions to remain competitive. With internal HR departments focused on the lower ranks, companies are turning to the executive search industry to provide needed expertise to fill upper management positions.
To respond to evlolving client needs, firms have become more specialized—both in industries, firm size, and career level. Lower level executive positions can be filled through aggressive online social networking, leaving the top executive positions the focus of the executive search industry. In global operations, companies are feeling the scarcity of the executive level talent they need to be successful and competitive. Search for emerging market leadership has become particularly strong. In addition to these specializations, the industry is creating new forms of revenue through leadership consulting services such as board development and succession planning.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Executive Search Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Executive Search Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Permanent (Direct Employee) Placement Services
Executive Search Services
Temporary Staffing Services
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Executive Search Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Executive Search Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Executive Search Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||21%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||7%|
|Office Clerks, General||5%|
|Office Clerks, General||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||22%|
|Material Moving Workers||21%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||18%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||14%|
Executive Search Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Syniverse Appoints Dean Douglas to Become President and Chief Executive Officer - Douglas brings to Syniverse extensive executive leadership experience, having previously served as CEO for three companies, including Unify, Westcon Group and LCC International (News - Alert). "Following a rigorous search process, we are extremely pleased ... (01/10/2018)
- Executive session in Lincoln leaves some unsure of legality - Lincoln City Attorney Justin Hagel did not return a phone message regarding the grounds for the executive session. Michael Geiermann, a Bismarck attorney who often represents law enforcement officers, said Hoffer has retained his services after he received ... (01/09/2018)
- The Evolution Of Executive Search - Headhunting firms are finding new ways to expand their services beyond executive search by adding practice areas like board advisory, succession planning, assessments and executive coaching. Cluen provides recruitment software to many of the world’s top ... (01/09/2018)
- Molding Business Services acquires Gros Executive Recruiters - Molding Business Services (MBS) of Florence, MA, has announced the acquisition of Gros Executive Recruiters of Franklin, TN. Both firms provide recruiting and executive search services to the plastics industry. MBS was founded in 1998, and during the past ... (01/08/2018)
- Executive Summary - The NIN’s national search engines now systematically filter key words and phrases—and send users to sites that deliver only state-approved and sometimes fabricated content. NIN tools and services facilitate the state’s ability to identify users and ... (01/08/2018)
- Molding Business Services buys Gros Executive Recruiters - the company that’s made the pith helmet a familiar symbol of plastics recruiting and executive search, has a new owner. The buyer is Molding Business Services of Florence, Mass., a company that specializes in mergers and acquisitions, recruiting and ... (01/07/2018)
- District 158 to pick superintendent search firm, interim leader Tuesday - In December, the school board interviewed four national executive search firms, including the Illinois Association of School Boards, BWP & Associates of Libertyville, and School Exec Connect. Costs for services range from about $9,900 to $17,500. (01/07/2018)
- Interim judge-executive presides over first fiscal court meeting - Before the meeting, County Attorney Sam Phillips administered the oath of office to Spears, general manager of Professional Embryo Services, a bovine reproduction company, and owner of Spears Cattle Co. He was sworn in as judge-executive to fill the rest ... (01/03/2018)
- Hansen joins Habitat Choptank as executive director - This was timed so that an executive search committee could identify her successor and ... public policy and program development in refugee resettlement and immigrant services along with fundraising and marketing to support special needs children. (01/03/2018)
- National Executive Search Firm Releases Annual Financial Services Market Data Report Based on Completed 2017 Placements - (MENAFN Editorial) NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- JWMichaels & Company,the fastest growing executive search firm in New York City,as determined by Crain's,has released their much anticipated annual Financial Services Market Data Report for 2017. (12/31/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,448,928 on Executive Search Services. It has awarded 18 contracts to 6 companies, with an average value of $241,488 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Executive Search Services to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Permanent (Direct Employee) Placement Services
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Executive Search Services||Opportunity/Threat|
|Employment Placement Agencies|
|Temp Agencies & Staffing Services|
|Professional Employer Organizations (PEO)||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Permanent (Direct Employee) Placement Services are less than those from Executive Search Services. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Permanent (Direct Employee) Placement Services sales, taking market share from this industry.
Permanent (Direct Employee) Placement Services Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Executive placement services, Senior executive search services, Executive search services, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.