|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fabric Mills
Overview of the U.S. Fabric Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Fabric Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fabric Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fabric Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fabric Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fabric Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fabric Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||48%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||37%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||24%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||8%|
|Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Fabric Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Valley Forge Fabrics||66|
|Albany Engineered Composites||24|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Tehran exhibit lends color to Iran’s textile industry - The exhibition is currently underway at the venue and runs until January 19. Textile mills and garment factories, textile wholesalers and producers and manufacturers attend the event, which is organized by the National Islamic-Iranian Fashion and Clothes ... (01/17/2018)
- Authors to give textile mill presentation at Winterboro High, Talladega library - Renowned authors Phillip Dee Scott and David Flynn will meet with Winterboro students later this month, during a special assembly, sponsored by the Plank Road Station Society. Both authors are expected to discuss their works surrounding the former textile ... (01/16/2018)
- Maine Voices: Paper mill’s demise offers lessons to struggling communities - One former mill employee lamented that since the mill’s demise, the fabric of the community was unraveling. “They ruined this town,” another remarked bitterly. Jamie Sayen is author of “You Had a Job for Life,” an oral history of the now-defunct ... (01/16/2018)
- Fabrics of Our Lives - Modern mills use shutterless machines, which produce endless varieties of fabric. Some carry filling yarns across the loom as fast as 2,000 meters per minute and is pretty silent in so doing. Cotton is the most important and most widely used material for ... (01/12/2018)
- Child’s death highlights slavery, the Indian textile industry’s ‘dirty secret’ - CHENNAI, India, January 12 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – Tamil Nadu state must compensate the parents of a girl who was electrocuted to death in a textile mill where they worked as bonded labourers, India’s human rights panel has ordered. Thursday’s ... (01/12/2018)
- Industrial fabrics industry examined in new market research report - name=1162925 Industrial Fabrics Market Leading vendors (Key Players ... Royal TenCate, Bally, Schneider Mills, MITL, Asahi Kasei, Milliken, Techtex, SRF, Honeywell, Huntsman, Low & Bonar, Fibertex, Mitsui, OLBO & MEHLER(MEP-OLBO), Shenma, Jinlun Group ... (01/12/2018)
- Investment will boost production for upstate New York textile company - The president and owner of Mohawk Fabric Co. in Amsterdam, New York, is positioning the textile mill to compete for more business from international and U.S. manufacturers. "We are coming off our best year in the company's history," Wade said. "My brother ... (01/11/2018)
- Mothers petition court to "free" daughters employed in Indian spinning mill - There are more than 1,500 mills in Tamil Nadu, the biggest hub for textile and manufacturers in India, employing up to 400,000 workers to turn cotton into yarn, fabric and clothes. A majority of the young workers are drawn from poor families and are housed ... (01/09/2018)
- Fiber Market Set to Return to Old Slater Mill - What better place to support micro-farmers and sellers of fiber products than inside the nation’s first successful textile mill?,” said Lori Urso, executive director of Old Slater Mill Association. The marketplace showcases eighteen vendors from all ... (01/07/2018)
- APTMA requests Pak govt for long-term textile policy - The All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) has urged the government to announce a long-term policy for the revival of the textile industry as desired by the prime minister in September and lay down its implementation mechanism. An early ... (01/06/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $45,478,657 on Fabric Mills. It has awarded 1,294 contracts to 169 companies, with an average value of $269,104 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.