Family Planning Centers Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Family Planning Centers
Overview: the U.S. Family Planning Centers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Family Planning Centers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Family Planning Centers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Patient Care, Related To Icd-9 Major Category, Based On Primary Diagnosis
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Genitourinary System (Reproductive And Urinary System Organs) (Icd-9 Codes 580-629)
Patient Care - Complications Of Pregnancy, Childbirth, And The Puerperium (Icd-9 Codes 630-679)
Patient Care - Supplementary Classification Of Factors Influencing Health Status And Contact With Health Services (Icd-9 Codes V
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of - Pharmaceuticals
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Government
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Family Planning Centers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Family Planning Centers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Family Planning Centers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Community and Social Service Occupations||18%|
|Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Community and Social Service Specialists||18%|
|Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations||38%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners||25%|
|Health Technologists and Technicians||13%|
|Healthcare Support Occupations||11%|
|Other Healthcare Support Occupations||7%|
|Miscellaneous Healthcare Support Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||18%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
Family Planning Centers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Essential Access Health|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Lakeshore Foundation launches $17 million campus improvement plan - Lakeshore Foundation this month will launch a $17 million campus expansion project that will position the center for the future ... A group of experts led by Cathy Sloss Jones began the planning process 10 years ago, and in January 2016, the Lakeshore ... (01/12/2018)
- Debate heats up over proposed drug treatment center in Wheaton - The city's planning and zoning board heard more than three ... Meanwhile, the most emotional pleas in support of Haymarket Center's proposal have come from family members who lost loved ones to heroin overdoses and blame the uproar on the stigma associated ... (01/11/2018)
- SpartanNash introduces Our Family brand in Michigan retailers - “Our Family is here for yours, whether you’re planning a quick and easy dinner for your on-the ... to all stores serviced through the company’s Grand Rapids Distribution Center, with many items already in stores for customers to enjoy,” SpartanNash ... (01/08/2018)
- Changes improve efficiency of family planning services - For most of her 13 years as a grassroots family planning officer, Wang Wanhui's main task has been ... reminding them to visit the health center in Dongfeng for checkups and asking them to come to my office to pick up free doses of folic acid," Wang ... (01/08/2018)
- Planning commission blesses megachurch complex over objections from neighbors - But at the Planning Commission ... The event center will be used for weddings, fund-raisers and similar low-key similar events. The amphitheater will mostly feature small concerts, outdoor teaching and possibly family movie nights, Beckler said. (01/04/2018)
- In Senegal, family planning finds a key ally: imams - “If you are interested in learning about your family-planning options, please come to the health center immediately,” he begins in Wolof, the local language. “The program will begin shortly.” Recommended: Think you know Africa? Take our geography qui (01/04/2018)
- Mississippi family planning program gets 10-year extension - (AP) — Federal authorities are approving a 10-year extension for the family planning services that Mississippi offers to some lower-income teens and adults who don't get the assistance from any other kind of health insurance. The Centers for Medicare and ... (12/30/2017)
- Anti-Contraception Nurse Sues Family Planning Center For Not Hiring Her - A Florida nurse who says her religion prevents her from prescribing birth control has filed suit against a family planning center that would not hire her. Sara Hellwege, a nurse in Tampa, Fla., applied for a job at Tampa Family Health Centers in May 2014. (07/21/2014)
- Pro-Life Nurse-Midwife Who Won’t Prescribe the Pill Sues Family Planning Center for Not Hiring Her - Sara Hellwege claims that her religious freedom was violated when she didn't get a job that would require her to prescribe the hormonal birth control she refuses to prescribe. Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images Is “religious freedom” about being free to ... (07/21/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $129,664 on Family Planning Centers. It has awarded 72 contracts to 8 companies, with an average value of $16,208 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Family Planning Centers to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Family Planning Centers||Opportunity/Threat|
|Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists & Audiologists|
|Diagnostic Imaging Centers|
Since sales from Family Planning Centers are a small fraction compared to other industries selling Patient Care, companies in the Family Planning Centers industry have the opportunity to expand their product offering to take share from these adjacent industries.
Patient Care Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Family planning counseling services, Pregnancy counseling centers, Childbirth preparation classes, Abortion clinics, Family planning centers, Counseling services, family planning, Fertility clinics, Reproductive health services centers, Birth control clinics, etc.