Forging & Stamping Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Forging & Stamping
Overview: the U.S. Forging & Stamping Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Forging & Stamping:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Forging & Stamping Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Forging & Stamping companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Forging & Stamping company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Forging & Stamping industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Forging & Stamping measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||17%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||14%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Forging & Stamping Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Illinois Tool Works||3724|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Wayne Rooney snares £1m fraudster who ripped off fans with fake Man U footie shirts - But in reality his business was a scam - he was really buying cheap products from high street shops like Sports Direct, and then forging the autographs himself ... as well as the stamp for the certificates, blank certificates and permanent markers. (01/12/2018)
- Former law secretary faces 29 charges - Henderson said she used the stamp of Burcham’s signature for the checks and used three credit cards at the office. Henderson said Burcham authorized her to get a credit card for the law firm. Henderson also admitted to forging the signature and using the ... (01/08/2018)
- Six arrested in J-K for forging army documents to procure SIM cards for militants - Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested six persons, suspected to be working as conduit for getting mobile SIM cards for militants by forging army documents in ... some military officials along with a fake stamp. “Telecom companies normally don’t ... (01/05/2018)
- Ex-property agent jailed, fined for forging stamp certificate - A former property agent was jailed for five weeks and fined $2,145 last Friday for forging the stamp certificate in a property rental transaction and for issuing a counterfeit goods and services tax (GST) invoice. Cheong Sai Chong, 38, a former agent with ... (12/01/2015)
- Singaporean held in Malaysia for forging passport stamp in JB - He was said to be earning at least RM120,000 a month with a unique method of forging the stamp on passports and other travel documents for clients coming to seek his service in the capital of the southern Malaysian state of Johor. File photo of Malaysian ... (09/05/2015)
- SRA graft case: BKC police arrest two for forging stamp duty papers - After more than two years of investigation into a corruption case of a Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) project, the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) police on Monday arrested two persons for allegedly forging stamp duty documents. The police have identified ... (03/16/2015)
- Expat gets one year jail for forging consulate stamp - A Doha Criminal Court has sentenced an Asian expatriate man to one year in jail for forging a government stamp on his university degree, local Arrayah daily reported Friday. The accused is also to be deported upon completing the sentence. The public ... (03/13/2015)
- One year for forging Ph.D. certificate - A special court in Jeddah has sentenced a university professor to one year in prison and slapped him with a fine of SR1000 for forging the stamp of the Saudi Embassy and signatures of officials on his Ph.D. degree certificate. The Bureau of Investigation ... (11/28/2014)
- Property agent jailed for forging stamp certificate - SINGAPORE — A property agent who swindled a prospective tenant with a forged stamp duty certificate was today (Sept 6) jailed for six weeks. Daniar Tang Yong Yeow, who was formerly with the Dennis Wee Group and Prestige Realty Global agencies, had ... (09/06/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $49,653,096 on Forging & Stamping. It has awarded 958 contracts to 306 companies, with an average value of $162,265 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|