Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers
Overview of the U.S. Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Patient Care, Related To Icd-9 Major Category, Based On Primary Diagnosis
Patient Care - Infectious And Parasitic Diseases (Icd-9 Codes 001-139)
Patient Care - Neoplasms (Tumors) (Icd-9 Codes 140-239)
Patient Care - Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders (Icd-9 Codes 240-279)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs (Icd-9 Codes 320-389)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Circulatory System (Icd-9 Codes 390-459)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Respiratory System (Icd-9 Codes 460-519)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Digestive System (Icd-9 Codes 520-579)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Genitourinary System (Reproductive And Urinary System Organs) (Icd-9 Codes 580-629)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Skin And Subcutaneous Tissue (Icd-9 Codes 680-709)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Musculoskeletal System And Connective Tissue (Icd-9 Codes 710-739)
Patient Care - Symptoms, Signs, And Ill-Defined Conditions (Icd-9 Codes 780-799)
Patient Care - Injury And Poisoning (Icd-9 Codes 800-999)
Patient Care - Supplementary Classification Of Factors Influencing Health Status And Contact With Health Services (Icd-9 Codes V
Patient Care - Supplementary Classification Of External Causes Of Injury And Poisoning (Icd-9 Codes E800-E999)
Patient Care - All Other Patient Care
Resale Of Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Community and Social Service Occupations||18%|
|Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Community and Social Service Specialists||18%|
|Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations||38%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners||25%|
|Health Technologists and Technicians||13%|
|Healthcare Support Occupations||11%|
|Other Healthcare Support Occupations||7%|
|Miscellaneous Healthcare Support Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||18%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Satori World Medical||8|
|Urgent Care Mso|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Mercy Health-St. Rita’s extends hours at Westside Urgent Care - LIMA — Due to the spike in patients with flu-like symptoms, Mercy Health-St. Rita’s has extended hours to its Westside Urgent Care facility on Sunday. Westside Urgent Care, located at 2195 Allentown Road, Lima, will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. (01/12/2018)
- ER docs run new urgent care in Milford - A new urgent care facility capable of treating everything from the sniffles to broken bones opened this month in Milford. The practice is co-owned by physicians specializing in emergency medicine. “As an ER doc, I know what an emergency is and I ... (01/12/2018)
- WellSpan kicks off new urgent care brand with Shrewsbury clinic - WellSpan Health will kick off a rebranding of its walk-in offerings with the opening Monday of a new clinic in Shrewsbury Township. The new clinic will be the first Wellspan clinic under the WellSpan Urgent Care name. The new name also will make its debut ... (01/12/2018)
- New Wellspan Urgent Care to Open in Shrewsbury - SHREWSBURY, York County -- Wellspan Health is gearing up to open a new urgent care facility in York County. The new facility is set to open Monday at 96 Sofia Drive in Shrewsbury. It's part of Wellspan's launch of urgent care facilities across south ... (01/12/2018)
- New service brings urgent care to your living room - There's Uber for on-demand rides. We have on-demand food delivery. Why not have an urgent care visit on demand too? That's the premise behind Dispatch Health, a mobile service that brings health professionals into your living room. "Dispatch Health is ... (01/11/2018)
- Why Mobility Is The Secret Sauce of A Truly Effective Urgent Care Practice - Editor’s Note: Daniel Kivatinos is the COO and cofounder of drchrono, an integrated EHR platform that connects doctors, patients and health data to improve patient care. Daniel drives direction, brand vision, and business strategy for drchrono. (01/09/2018)
- Mercy Partners With GoHealth Urgent Care - GoHealth Urgent Care and Mercy announced they have partnered to create a substantial network of urgent care centers across the Midwest that will put patients first and deliver superior care and convenience. The joint venture will provide patients in ... (01/07/2018)
- Urgent Care in Freeland now open weekends - MidMichigan Urgent Care - Freeland will be open seven days a week beginning Saturday, Jan. 6, providing an alternative for immediate care when the patient's regular doctor is not available. The new hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m ... (01/06/2018)
- MidMichigan Urgent Care in Freeland now open seven days a week - FREELAND, MI -- Beginning Saturday, Jan. 6, MidMichigan Urgent Care in Freeland will be open seven days a week. MidMichigan Urgent Care is located at 5694 Midland Road, adjacent to the SportsZone. The new hours are to be 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through ... (01/04/2018)
- GoHealth Urgent Care and Mercy Partner to Create Premier Network of Patient-Focused Urgent Care Centers in Multiple Midwest Markets - Fastest Growing Partnership-Oriented Urgent Care Provider Expands National Presence through Joint Venture with one of the Nation's Most Innovative and Integrated Health Systems ST. LOUIS, Jan. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- GoHealth Urgent Care, one of the ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,383,261 on Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers. It has awarded 61 contracts to 15 companies, with an average value of $158,884 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers||Opportunity/Threat|
|Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists & Audiologists|
|Diagnostic Imaging Centers|
Since sales from Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers are a small fraction compared to other industries selling Patient Care, companies in the Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical & Emergency Centers industry have the opportunity to expand their product offering to take share from these adjacent industries.
Patient Care Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Freestanding ambulatory surgical centers and clinics, Ambulatory surgical centers and clinics, freestanding, Emergency medical centers and clinics, Freestanding emergency medical centers and clinics, Urgent medical care centers and clinics (except hospitals), Laser surgery centers, Trauma centers (except hospitals), etc.