Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services
Overview: the U.S. Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Geophysical Data Collection
Geophysical Data Acquired By Seismic Methods
Geophysical Data Processing
Integrated Geophysical Services
Processing And Interpreting Geophysical Data
Geophysical Borehole Logging Surveys
Acquiring And Processing Geophysical Data Collected By Seismic Methods
Geophysical Data Sales
Geophysical Data Management Services
Geophysical Consulting Services (Include Expert Witness Services.)
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||50%|
|Architects, Surveyors, and Cartographers||9%|
|Architects, Except Naval||6%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||16%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||5%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Rig owners get new technology to mitigate haphazard drilling - He said: “What exactly we are bringing to Nigerian community is a new Intelligent Automatic Mapping ... in geophysical survey. “As an association, we want to use this to empower our members as well make sure the government enjoy our services. (01/10/2018)
- Honey Badger Exploration Stakes Additional Ground at the Beaver Silver Property and Begins Exploration at its Thunder Bay Silver/Cobalt Camp - Honey Badger will commence exploration of the Thunder Bay Silver/Cobalt Camp immediately with an airborne magnetic and electromagnetic geophysical survey. Airborne Survey ... m diameter airframe results in better mapping of discrete targets. (01/09/2018)
- X-Terra Resources begins airborne geophysical survey on the eastern extension of the Veronneau property - The survey will serve to expand on X-Terra Resources' existing geophysical database and will provide knowledge ... including discrete conductive anomalies as well as mapping lateral and vertical variations in resistivity. Additionally, full waveform ... (12/05/2017)
- Metallis Resources : Airborne Geophysical Survey Identifies 4 Additional Anomalies on the Kirkham Property - About Geotech Geotech is a global leader in technological innovation for airborne geophysical survey mapping, interpretation and analysis ... Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the ... (01/24/2017)
- Global Geophysical Services Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Geophysical Services Global Market ... analysing, and mapping geophysical data. Companies in this industry use a range of surveying techniques depending on the objective ... (12/22/2016)
- Induced Polarization Geophysical Surveying Set to Commence at Gold Reach's Ootsa Property in British Columbia - Dr. Shane Ebert, president of Gold Reach, commented: "Induced polarization geophysical surveying has been very effective at ... conducting an ongoing surface exploration program focused on mapping, prospecting, and rock, soil, and stream silt sampling ... (09/04/2013)
- Castle Peak refines Dansuom target with geophysical surveys; road sampling returns 70.0m of 1 g/t Au - VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwire – Dec. 5, 2012) – Castle Peak Mining Ltd. ('castle Peak' or the ... we have been able to forge ahead with geophysical surveying, mapping and sampling to better determine the resource potential in the Dansuom ... (12/05/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $83,300,459 on Geophysical Surveying & Mapping Services. It has awarded 368 contracts to 125 companies, with an average value of $666,404 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Remote sensing geophysical surveying services, Geophysical mapping services, Electromagnetic geophysical surveying services, Magnetic geophysical surveying services, Mapping services, geophysical, Gravity geophysical surveying services, Geological surveying services, Electrical geophysical surveying services, Surveying services, Seismic geophysical surveying services, Geophysical surveying services, Radioactive geophysical surveying services, Aerial geophysical surveying services, etc.