Glass & Glazing Contractors Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Glass & Glazing Contractors
Overview: the U.S. Glass & Glazing Contractors Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Glass & Glazing Contractors:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Construction Services BreakdownThe following products and services account for the largest source of revenues in the Glass & Glazing Contractors industry. Note that there are multiple levels of classification, so some line items are contained within other lines.
|Type of Construction||Total Sales ($ millions)||New Construction ($ millions)||Additions, Alterations, and Reconstruction ($ millions)||Maintenance & Repair ($ millions)|
Building construction, total
Single-family houses, detached and attached
Single-family houses, detached
Single-family houses, attached
Apartment buildings (2 or more units), such as rentals, apartment type condominiums and cooperatives
Manufacturing and industrial warehouses
Other manufacturing and light industrial buildings, such as factories, assembly plants, and industrial research laboratories
Hotels, motels, and tourist cabins
Stores, restaurants, automobile service stations, parking garages, and other commercial buildings
Commercial warehouses such as distribution buildings and mini-storage
Health care and institutional buildings
Public safety buildings such as prisons, police, and fire stations
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Glass & Glazing Contractors company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Glass & Glazing Contractors industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Glass & Glazing Contractors measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||77%|
|Supervisors of Construction and Extraction Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||66%|
|Brickmasons, Blockmasons, and Stonemasons||7%|
|Brickmasons and Blockmasons||6%|
|Cement Masons, Concrete Finishers, and Terrazzo Workers||10%|
|Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers||10%|
Glass & Glazing Contractors Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|West Tampa Glass||5|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Great Glazing: Slate - This project was the glazing contractor's first experience with a unitized curtain wall system. "We loved it," says Darand Davies, president of Dallas Glass. "It was rather amazing that, on average, we have just five guys in field who were capable of ... (01/11/2018)
- LCQ9: Safety of glass protective barriers, glass panel external walls and glass curtain walls of buildings - Authorised Persons (AP), Registered Structural Engineers (RSE) and Registered Contractors (RC ... further requires that glass be used for protective barriers should comply with the impact test requirements for safety glazing materials. (01/10/2018)
- Eastman Seeks Nominations for 2018 Vanceva® World of Color Awards™ - Each year this international design honors architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, furniture designers, glazing contractors, engineers and artists for their innovative use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces ... (01/08/2018)
- Liens show unpaid construction bills at HOF Village - "These are all very good local contractors, and it's unfortunate that they had ... $165,098: United Glass and Panel Systems, recorded Wednesday, for glass and glazing work performed between June and October 2017. • $100,118: Rice's Landscapes Redefined ... (01/04/2018)
- Frontenac to exit A.H. Harris Construction Supplies - Founded in 1916 and headquartered in West Hartford, CT, A.H. Harris supplies high-quality construction products and equipment for contractors ... EIFS/stucco, glass/glazing and concrete masonry restoration products. Together with Kenseal, A.H. Harris ... (01/03/2018)
- Dubai Municipality’s $272m library project to feature smart glass - ASGC, the main contractor of the project ... such as high-performance opaque envelope with a U-value of 0.1 W/m2K, high-performance glazing, smart glass that changes its thermal properties, and external shading devices.” Smart glass, according to ... (12/08/2017)
- Lend Lease glazing litigation: implications explained - Contractor’s Proposals – Curtain Walling Specification – the outer panes of glass will have a “design life” of at least 30 years and the heat-soaked toughened glass was to meet the British Standard (BSEN 14179) save that the heating time was ... (08/09/2017)
- Lendlease ordered to pay £14.8m for city tower falling glass - The High Court has ordered Lendlease to payout £14.8m after a London city tower was forced to be reclad for a second time because of falling glass panes on to the ... and the case centred on work by glazing contractor Permasteelisa. (07/19/2017)
- Grey Mountain Partners Affiliate Company Binswanger Glass Acquires Signature Glass, Inc. - Signature Glass is a leading commercial glazing contractor in the Houston metropolitan area with focused expertise in curtain wall and window wall systems, storefront and entrance systems, and in-house fabrication of aluminum framing systems. (09/09/2015)
- State Licensing Law Stalls Installing Of Glass - That was the furthest thing from our mind,'' Kevin McMahon, a Bethel glazing contractor who led the charge for the association, said in response to Abdelmaseh's accusation. McMahon is a former president of the Connecticut Glass Dealers Association ... (10/28/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,254,521 on Glass & Glazing Contractors. It has awarded 188 contracts to 117 companies, with an average value of $62,004 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Mirror installation, Decorative glass and mirror installation, Stained glass installation, Curtain wall, glass, installation, Window pane or sheet installation, Hermetically sealed window unit, commercial type, Glass coating and tinting (except automotive) contractors, Glass partitions, Glazing contractors, Glass cladding (i.e., curtain wall), Glass installation (except automotive) contractors, etc.