|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Gold & Silver Mining
Overview: the U.S. Gold & Silver Mining Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Gold & Silver Mining:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Gold & Silver Mining Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Gold & Silver Mining companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Gold & Silver Mining company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Gold & Silver Mining industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Gold & Silver Mining measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||33%|
|Construction Trades Workers||12%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||6%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||6%|
|Mining Machine Operators||11%|
|Continuous Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||5%|
Gold & Silver Mining Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- GHOST TOWNS: Trojan went from mining boom town to artist community and back to a mine - By 1959, all mining operations had shut down after millions of dollars of gold and silver had been extracted throughout its history. Matt Klein of Deadwood grew up in Trojan during its later history as a haven for artists. His parents moved there for the ... (01/13/2018)
- Shares of Primero Mining more than double after First Majestic takeover offer - VANCOUVER — Shares in Primero Mining Corp., which owns the San Dimas silver-gold mine in Mexico, more than doubled in trading Friday after First Majestic Silver announced a deal to buy the company. Primero shares (TSX:P) were up 15 cents at 27 cents in ... (01/13/2018)
- Wired News – Hecla Mining Reports Decline in Silver Production In 2017 - The Company is therefore well-positioned for 2018. Production Overview of All Mines In 2017, the Greens Creek mine declared production of 8.4 million ounces of silver and 50,855 ounces of gold, lower production compared to 2016. For Q4 2017, 2.1 million ... (01/12/2018)
- First Majestic Silver Announces Friendly Acquisition of Primero Mining and Restructured Stream with Wheaton ... - Markets Insider - Primero operates the 100%-owned San Dimas silver-gold mine in Durango, Mexico, a premier low-cost asset with more than 100 years of mine production history. Primero has identified more than 120 epithermal veins with exploration potential. Together with ... (01/12/2018)
- Mine's Updated Mineral Resource Contains Higher Grades - 174.6 g/t) gold, 5.8 vs. 5.04 g/t silver, 2.06 vs. 1.97% lead ... Regarding an update at the company's Topia mine, Pavani indicated that in a "significantly positive development," Great Panther now holds all of the required permits to build and run ... (01/11/2018)
- Santa Fe Gold Completes Acquisition of Bullard's Peak Corporation And Black Hawk Consolidated Mines Adding A ... - Nasdaq - Santa Fe Gold Completes Acquisition of Bullard's Peak Corporation And Black Hawk Consolidated Mines Adding A World Class Premium Silver Mine And In Addition, A Potential Major Porphyry Silver Discovery Nearby To Its Rapidly Growing Portfolio Of Lucrative ... (01/10/2018)
- Hecla Mining (HL) Reports FY Production of 12.5 Million Ounces of Silver and 232,685 Ounces of Gold - Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here. Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today announced preliminary silver and gold production results¹ for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. Silver production of 12.5 ... (01/10/2018)
- Capstone Mining 2017 Production Results and 2018 Operating and Capital Guidance - Silver and gold have not been estimated in the Pinto Valley resource model. Only recovered silver and payable gold is reported for this mine. Pinto Valley Cozamin Minto Total Copper Production (tonnes plus or minus5%) 56,000 15,000 19,000 90,000 C1 Cash ... (01/10/2018)
- West Kirkland Announces Surface Gold and Silver Values on Newly Acquired Mineral Rights, Tonopah, Nevada - The Hasbrouck Gold Project consists of two all-oxide gold-silver deposits eight km apart ... from proceeding immediately to construction on the first part of the Hasbrouck Mine plan at Three Hills. Permitting is advanced and is in progress for the second ... (01/09/2018)
- Beautiful gold jewelry comes from recycled computer motherboards - It is estimated that, every year, Americans throw away more than $60 million-worth of gold and silver in phones alone. Considering how environmentally damaging mining is (not to mention the human toll which I've written about in the context of cobalt), it ... (01/09/2018)