|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: HMO Medical Centers
Overview: the U.S. HMO Medical Centers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for HMO Medical Centers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the HMO Medical Centers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Patient Care, Related To Icd-9 Major Category, Based On Primary Diagnosis
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of - Pharmaceuticals
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a HMO Medical Centers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the HMO Medical Centers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on HMO Medical Centers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Community and Social Service Occupations||18%|
|Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Community and Social Service Specialists||18%|
|Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations||38%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners||25%|
|Health Technologists and Technicians||13%|
|Healthcare Support Occupations||11%|
|Other Healthcare Support Occupations||7%|
|Miscellaneous Healthcare Support Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||18%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
HMO Medical Centers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Greenwood Genetic Center||5|
|Kaiser Foundation Health Plan|
|Leon Management International|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The health care crisis you don’t know about - Community health centers like hers served nearly 700,000 Michigan residents last year. Most are rural; a few inner-city. But all are in danger of being closed down. They, like CHIP, the Children's Health Insurance Program that serves 9 million or so poor ... (01/10/2018)
- Parents concerned as funding for the Children's Health Insurance Program remains in limbo - the West Virginia Children’s Health Insurance Program (WVCHIP) will delay sending termination notifications to families and providers as previously planned. We will await direction from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to determine the ... (01/10/2018)
- Sutter Health Plus Year in Review 2017 - Now serving nearly 80,000 members, the not-for-profit HMO remains an important part ... dozens of urgent care centers and more than 7,000 providers. “As a provider-sponsored health plan, Sutter Health Plus brings a more efficient and effective health ... (01/10/2018)
- Senator continues advocacy for bipartisan action on pressing health care issues - reauthorization for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), funding for the Community Health Center Fund, and the need for more funds to combat opioid abuse and to address the shortage of treatment providers. To see Donnelly's floor speech ... (01/10/2018)
- Experts, Industry Push Back on Health Insurance Proposal - The issue seems to be a “moving target” for the administration, said Kevin Lucia, an association plan expert and research professor at the Georgetown University Center on Health Insurance Reforms. “Any limitation on state authority to regulate ... (01/10/2018)
- Funding anxiety high at Community Health Center - ... Ryan and Republicans in Congress neglected to find a permanent funding solution for community health centers and the Children's Health Insurance Program while they rushed to pass the GOP tax scam before the New Year," Pocan said. "While these programs ... (01/09/2018)
- Children’s health insurance program running on fumes in some U.S. states - Some U.S. states are facing a mid-January loss of funding for their Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), despite spending ... running out of money after 19 January, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). (01/09/2018)
- Health Connections board sought state control - He said Health Connections, one of the last health insurance cooperatives in the country ... director of medical outcomes research at the not-for-profit Lovelace Respiratory Research Center. A spokeswoman for the superintendent’s office said Health ... (01/09/2018)
- 3 Ways that States Can Stop Ongoing Health Care Sabotage - Sam Berger is the senior policy adviser at the Center for American Progress ... level individual mandate—that they do not satisfy the requirement to maintain health insurance. The provision also ensures that short-term coverage meet certain state ... (01/09/2018)
- Merkley on how Oregon could 'shoot itself in the foot' on health care - Funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program and community health centers has been in limbo for 100 days, held hostage by Republican leadership in Congress, Merkley said during an interview at the Portland Business Journal on Friday. (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $328,523 on HMO Medical Centers. It has awarded 22 contracts to 6 companies, with an average value of $54,754 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in HMO Medical Centers to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to HMO Medical Centers||Opportunity/Threat|
|Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists & Audiologists|
|Diagnostic Imaging Centers|
Since sales from HMO Medical Centers are a small fraction compared to other industries selling Patient Care, companies in the HMO Medical Centers industry have the opportunity to expand their product offering to take share from these adjacent industries.
Patient Care Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
HMO (health maintenance organization) medical centers and clinics, Group hospitalization plans providing health care services, Health maintenance organization (HMO) medical centers and clinics, etc.