|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance
Overview of the U.S. Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Maintenance And Repair - Appliances And Powered Household Equipment
Maintenance And Repair - Household-Type Lawn, Garden, And Snow Removal Equipment
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Parts And Supplies Not Included In Repair Work
Resale Of New Equipment
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||6%|
|Office Clerks, General||6%|
|Office Clerks, General||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||39%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||11%|
|Small Engine Mechanics||10%|
|Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||25%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||15%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||15%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||8%|
Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- How to keep your house running smoothly, month by month - “We go for our annual checkups to our doctor and dentist, so why not do it for our home?” asks Mike Holmes, host of HGTV’s “Holmes on Homes.” Annual maintenance will help prevent you from having to make an avoidable, costly repair, he say (01/10/2018)
- 17th Miri Trade Fair will start tomorrow - tools and equipment, higher education, home improvement, security solutions, property development, motor vehicles, general trading, repair and maintenance, food and beverages, bridal and photography services, consumer goods, beauty and slimming products ... (01/09/2018)
- As temperatures drop, home heating systems are conking out across NJ - Nor surprisingly, lots of Garden State homeowners are having big problems with their home ... equipment is running so much because it’s so cold,” he said. “We’re finding some plugged air filters because people aren’t doing their proper ... (01/04/2018)
- January in the garden - Perform annual maintenance on lawn care equipment ... Test soil acidity in azalea, philodendron and ixora plantings and adjust if needed. 52. Repair gardening equipment. 53. Place bird houses, feeders and baths in the landscape. 54. Add ornaments including ... (12/30/2017)
- Anniston Army Depot to repair military train equipment - The Anniston Army Depot will be the new home ... fleet maintenance. According to the depot, the Defense Non-Tactical Generator and Rail Equipment Center will relocate from Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah to Anniston. The center handles repair and ... (12/15/2017)
- Home maintenance checklist: Knock out the spring and summer tasks - Work on anything needing maintenance such as beams and columns, and check for dry rot. • Repair ... from the home – Work to clear dead branches from trees, which may also require a licensed professional. Also, clear plants and garden contents ... (06/07/2017)
- PROGRESS: Fond du Lac Equipment Rental & Repair becomes certified repair shop for Briggs & Stratton - In the spring of 2012, they opened Fond du Lac Equipment Rental & Repair. In the spring of 2016, Bluemke’s of Rosendale terminated their lawn and garden repair trade service ... equipment or having us repair or maintenance your small equipment. (03/13/2017)
- Your spring home maintenance checklist - ... as prep your home and garden for summer. We spoke with an expert to get helpful tips on what to watch for this season, from proper irrigation to mosquitoes and termites. RELATED: A First Time Buyer’s Guide to Home Maintenance 1. Clean gutters and ... (03/23/2016)
- Lorene Bartos: It’s not too early to begin fall maintenance at home - Check and repair all ... swimming pools and equipment dry before storing to prevent mold and mildew growth. * Prepare underground sprinkler system for winter. * Prepare lawn mower for winter storage after the last mowing. Other home maintenance or fall ... (09/12/2015)
- Tips: 8 winter home maintenance to dos - Mid-winter is a good time to check for ways to reduce home energy consumption and prevent appliance and equipment breakdowns ... public relations manager for Repair Clinic. Go to RepairClinic.com for videos and more home maintenance tips. (03/05/2015)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,356,531 on Home & Garden Equipment Repair & Maintenance. It has awarded 160 contracts to 45 companies, with an average value of $30,145 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Lawn mower repair and maintenance shops without retailing new lawn mowers, Handtools, power-driven, repair and maintenance services without retailing new power-driven handtools, Small engine repair and maintenance shops, Tractors, lawn and garden repair and maintenance services without retailing new lawn and garden tractors, Garden equipment repair and maintenance services without retailing new garden equipment, Saw repair and maintenance (except sawmills) without retailing new saws, Garden tool sharpening and repair services, Lawn and garden equipment repair and maintenance services without retailing new lawn and garden equipment, Engine repair, small engine, etc.