Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners
Overview: the U.S. Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Patient Care, Related To Icd-9 Major Category, Based On Primary Diagnosis
Patient Care - Infectious And Parasitic Diseases (Icd-9 Codes 001-139)
Patient Care - Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders (Icd-9 Codes 240-279)
Patient Care - Mental Disorders (Icd-9 Codes 290-319)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs (Icd-9 Codes 320-389)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Circulatory System (Icd-9 Codes 390-459)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Respiratory System (Icd-9 Codes 460-519)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Digestive System (Icd-9 Codes 520-579)
Patient Care - Complications Of Pregnancy, Childbirth, And The Puerperium (Icd-9 Codes 630-679)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Skin And Subcutaneous Tissue (Icd-9 Codes 680-709)
Patient Care - Diseases Of The Musculoskeletal System And Connective Tissue (Icd-9 Codes 710-739)
Patient Care - Congenital (Present At Birth) Anomalies (Icd-9 Codes 740-759)
Patient Care - Symptoms, Signs, And Ill-Defined Conditions (Icd-9 Codes 780-799)
Patient Care - Injury And Poisoning (Icd-9 Codes 800-999)
Patient Care - Supplementary Classification Of Factors Influencing Health Status And Contact With Health Services (Icd-9 Codes V
Patient Care - All Other Patient Care
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of - Orthopedic Appliances
Resale Of - All Other Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations||29%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners||23%|
|Health Technologists and Technicians||6%|
|Healthcare Support Occupations||29%|
|Other Healthcare Support Occupations||26%|
|Miscellaneous Healthcare Support Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||32%|
|Information and Record Clerks||11%|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||9%|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||9%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants||10%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants||10%|
Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Health Ministry to cooperate with India on alternative medicine - Indian and Malaysian officials held a discussion in New Delhi on Wednesday to enhance cooperation in the traditional medicine sector with a focus ... and registration of homeopathic practitioners and their capacity building module in Malaysia. (01/11/2018)
- Homeopathic doctors & NMC Bill – In defence of the bridge course allowing them to prescribe allopathic medicines - This proposal of a bridge course has met with opposition by members of the medical fraternity and, surprisingly, some practitioners of alternative medicine. I must begin by stating that homeopathy is a complete science and is in no way limited by the ... (01/08/2018)
- Carnoustie Takes Wellness and Alternative Medicine To China - The health and wellness industry is being fueled by an intense and growing consumer affinity towards natural, herbal alternative medicines and treatments. People are moving away from synthetic, chemical based products. With growing awareness on medicine ... (01/04/2018)
- Indian doctors strike over alternative medicine plan - Doctors across India went on strike Tuesday over a controversial bill that would allow practitioners of alternative therapies ... qualified in areas such as homeopathy and ayurveda — a traditional form of Indian medicine — to practise Western medicine ... (01/02/2018)
- Physicians move to commercialise herbal medicine - He called on all natural medicine practitioner to submit samples of their products to the centre for research in traditional, complementary and alternative medicine for verification and confirmation. Atilade called on the National Assembly to expedite ... (12/31/2017)
- Doctors oppose the NMC Bill proposal to allow AYUSH doctors to practice modern medicine; say its akin to legalising quackery - “The Commission shall hold meeting with Central Councils of Homeopathy and Indian Medicine that ... of primary health centres in remote and tribal areas, it is the alternative medicine practitioners who carry out clinical care. (12/30/2017)
- Alternative therapies complement conventional veterinary medicine - and veterinarians say pet owners should work with trained practitioners and avoid home remedies found on the internet. Offering alternative therapies is "simply enlarging your horizons and the array of things you can offer to your patients," said holistic ... (12/29/2017)
- Alternative medicine can tackle swine flu scare: Experts - INDORE: After Rajasthan government set-up control room to tackle rising swine flu menace with the help of alternative medicine practitioners including homeopathy, ayurveda and unani medicines, practitioners in Madhya Pradesh have raised their voice against ... (02/07/2015)
- In Digos, alternative medicine practitioners honor Flavier - DIGOS CITY—At least 100 alternative medicine practitioners and supporters converged here Saturday ... Dardfi to offer government-accredited courses on traditional medicine and natural health care. Under the law authored by Flavier, the practice of ... (11/08/2014)
- Alternative medicine crackdown - A draft public statement seen by The Age concluded it was ''unethical for health practitioners to treat patients using homeopathy, for the reason that homeopathy (as a medicine or procedure ... of complementary and alternative medicines, including ... (03/14/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $181,220,902 on Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners. It has awarded 2,445 contracts to 438 companies, with an average value of $413,746 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners||Opportunity/Threat|
|Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists & Audiologists|
|Diagnostic Imaging Centers|
Since sales from Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners are a small fraction compared to other industries selling Patient Care, companies in the Homeopathic & Alternative Medicine Practitioners industry have the opportunity to expand their product offering to take share from these adjacent industries.
Patient Care Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Paramedics' offices (e.g., centers, clinics), Manual-arts therapists' offices (e.g., Herbalists' offices (e.g., Denturists' offices (e.g., Nutritionists' offices (e.g., Physicians' assistants' offices (e.g., Licensed practical nurses' (LPNs) offices (e.g., Christian Science practitioners' offices (e.g., Dental hygienists' offices (e.g., Acupuncturists' (except MDs or DOs) offices (e.g., RNs' (registered nurses) offices (e.g., Inhalation therapists' offices (e.g., Clinical pharmacists' offices (e.g., Home nursing services, private practice, Orthotists' offices (e.g., clinic), Midwives' offices (e.g., Registered nurses' (RNs) offices (e.g., Hypnotherapists' offices (e.g., Massage therapists' offices, Prosthetists' offices (e.g., Pedorthics' offices (e.g., Dietitians' offices (e.g., Nurses', licensed practical or registered, offices (e.g., Homeopaths' offices (e.g., Respiratory therapists' offices (e.g., Practical nurses' offices (e.g., licensed, Naturopaths' offices (e.g., LPNs' (licensed practical nurses) offices (e.g., etc.