|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Household Appliance Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Household Appliance Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Household Appliance Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Household Appliance Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Household Appliance Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Household Appliance Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Household Appliance Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Household Appliance Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||38%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||29%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
Household Appliance Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Electrolux Home Products||507|
|BSH Home Appliances||506|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Former Aliyun founding team develops IoT OS to help traditional manufacturers embrace AI effortlessly - An untold number of new devices and equipment covering a wide spectrum that includes smart wearables, smart home appliances, smart connected ... a low level of hardware compatibility among different manufacturers makes it difficult to move from concept ... (01/11/2018)
- Shelton company pushes smart-home devices - The three-day event started Tuesday and draws more than 1,000 manufacturers from around the world to display ... users to turn their smartphones into on and off switches for home appliances and amenities. The ceiling fan switch uses wi-fi and Bluetooth ... (01/11/2018)
- Tuya Smart's Global Strategy Empowers Global Manufacturers With AI - Tuya Smart's tie-ups with manufacturers that has resulted in the output of ... Tuya Smart had supplied AI services covering a wide spectrum of home appliances to over 10,000 customers in 200 countries and regions across six continents. (01/11/2018)
- Samsung appliances rock metallic look thanks to INEOS Styrolution - Baxter noted that the plant was completed in six months and is now equipped with “injection molding presses” and other manufacturing equipment for the washing machines. “We have 20,000 employees in the U.S. And our home appliance business is the ... (01/10/2018)
- Current market scenario of smart grid home area network market forecast 2018-2023 just published - A smart grid basically refers to an electrical grid which comprises various energy and operations measures such as smart appliances ... manufacturing opinion leaders to obtain their perspective about the growth behavior of the Global Smart Grid Home ... (01/10/2018)
- GE’s Kitchen Hub is a smart home display right where you need it: above the stove - While appliance manufacturers like Samsung and LG are putting computer ... from a video standpoint,” Stover told Digital Trends. Across the bottom of the home screen are several large, easy-to-use buttons that you tap to get where you want to go. (01/09/2018)
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances - spokeswoman for the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers. But there is a downside to some stainless steel appliances: They're like magnets for fingerprints, smudges, water spots, and streaks. That means a lot of cleaning time to keep your appliances ... (01/06/2018)
- Consumer Reports' Top Appliance Stories of 2017 - Virtually every year, stories about making household chores easier—and ways to get the most out of your home appliances—top the list ... what's the best way to care for all that hardwood? Vacuum manufacturers are answering the question with machines ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Smart Household Kitchen Appliances Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, December 16, 2017 ) Global Smart Household Kitchen Appliances Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments ... (12/16/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $29,932,438 on Household Appliance Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,145 contracts to 310 companies, with an average value of $96,556 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|